Achieve complete hard disk control with the most advanced partitioning tool! It provides a full range of features that meet your specific partitioning needs, whatever they may be: resizing partitions without data loss, running multiple operating systems, copying partitions to a spare hard drive, solving boot problems, converting file systems and other complex operations.
Partition Manager 9.0 Professional allows you to:
* Redistribute Unused Disk Space - easily resize your partition(s) without any data loss
* Perform advanced partitioning operations: resize/move/copy/merge/undelete partitions
* Change partition properties: hide/unhide, make active/inactive, assign/remove drive letter, change volume label, convert file system, etc.
* Change disk properties: change SID, change primary slots
* Clone hard disks or separate partitions
* Redistribute unused disk space - easily resize your partitions without any data loss
* Volume Explorer (fully embedded within the application) - quickly browse FAT, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2 or Ext3 FS partition, edit or copy files and folders
* Defragment partitions and optimize their cluster size
New and updated features:
* Install New OS Wizard prepares a hard disk for a new operating system installation
* Updated! Safely setup and manage multiple operating systems on the same PC with the Boot Manager
* Updated! Boot Corrector allows you to resolve most common boot problems.
* Simple Backup Wizard enables to back up system and data to a local or network disk before applying any critical operations.
* The Initial Backup Reminder which appearances on program startup, advices to back up system and data before critical partitioning operations.
* Restore entire disks or separate partitions and roll-back your unsuccessful partitioning operations with the Paragon Recovery CD
* File Transfer Wizard can restore separate files and folders from a previously created backup archive.
* Updated! Dynamic disk support (convert to basic, backup/restore, defrag, check file system).
* Updated! Disk Editor enables to view and manually edit hard disk/partition contents in a hexadecimal mode.
* Shrink/compact MFT allows compressing Master File Table for best performance of your system.
* Express Launcher provides user-friendly interface and quick access to most common operations.
* Updated! Improved Windows Vista support, including 64-bit editions.
* Included in the set Paragon Drive Backup 8.51 trial version allows you to evaluate powerful backup and restore tools.
Key Features and Benefits of Professional Edition at a glance:
Paragon Smart Partition™ technology: Paragon’s exclusive Smart Partition Technology TM ensures that your data is protected during all operations. Just specify the desired operations and then press the Apply button to carry out the changes.
Boot Manager: Allows you to run several OSes on your computer and switch between them easily at boot time. The Install New OS Wizard helps you to setup up Microsoft® Vista/XP on the same disk.
Simple Backup Wizard: Critical Partitioning information can be backed up prior to performing any partitioning operation. The Backup Wizard and Initial Backup Reminder help you to save initial partition layout and other critical items before applying any critical partitioning operations.
Paragon Recovery CD: Paragon Recovery CD allows you to use Partition Manager even when your machine cannot boot. It also can used to restore your system and data from previously created backup archive in case of system failure.
Optimization and Defragmentation: Defragmentation is the best method for achieving top system performance. Paragon Software’s defragmenter provides you with powerful low-level defragmentation of FAT and NTFS partitions including critical system files and Master File Table defragmentation.
Intuitive user interface: The program includes easy-to-use wizard dialogs for the most common routines, such as merging and resizing partitions, redistributing disk space, undelete, recovering a partition and other operations including our exclusive initial backup and even OS Installations.
MS Windows Vista support: Improved Microsoft Vista Support. Basic and advanced operations take into account all Vista specifics. Includes support for Microsoft Vista 64-bit.
Supported Operating Systems
* Windows Vista (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
* Windows 2000 Professional
* Windows XP Home Edition
* Windows XP Professional
* Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Supported HDD Interfaces
* Parallel ATA (IDE)
* Serial ATA (SATA)
* All levels of SCSI, IDE and SATA RAID controllers
* IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
* USB 1.0/2.0
* Support large hard disks (up to 500GB tested, 2TB in theory)
* PC card storage devices
Supported CD/DVD Formats
Supported File Systems
* NTFS (v1.2, v3.0, v3.1)
* Linux Swap
* Other file systems (in Sector-by-Sector mode)
* CPU: Intel Pentium CPU or its equivalent, with 300 MHz or higher processor clock speed
* RAM: 128 MB of RAM required, Paragon Advanced Recovery CD requires 512 MB
* Disk space: Hard disk drive with 35 MB of available space
* Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
* SVGA video adapter and monitor