With Virtual CD you can not only create and use virtual CDs, but also burn virtual CDs and DVDs. Regardless of whether you yourself would like to test a created DVD, to put together an audio CD or just not happen to have a blank disk for a data CD at hand, with Virtual CD you always have a burner with a blank disk that you can use from any program. You can use the CDs or DVDs created in this manner immediately with Virtual CD and burn them on a physical medium, if necessary.
Using the expanded quick start program, you can nearly use any Virtual CD function without having to start the Virtual CD Management or the toolbox. With a simple left click on the Virtual CD symbol you arrive at the program menu where you can utilize all important Virtual CD functions. On the other hand, if you click on the symbol with the right mouse key, the drive menu opens. Here you can e.g. insert and eject images or insert blank CDs in the virtual burner.
Not only does Virtual CD serve you with its well-engineered ergonomy, but it also keeps the security of your data in mind. To protect sensitive data and to keep files confidential, you can use a virtual DVD RAM blank CD as an encrypted fixed disk with up to 17.5 GB. After entering your password, you can read and write your data on it as if you were using a regular fixed disk. In the background, Virtual CD codes the data on-thy-fly with the safe AES 256bit-encryption without your noticing anything.
From now on you can use Virtual CD also under Vista and 64-bit Windows operating system.
Put an end to the annoying business of looking for and inserting your CDs/DVDs.
* With Virtual CD you can create compressed 1:1 copies (virtual CDs/DVDs) to your hard drive. You can then store your originals safely in a cabinet! Your virtual CDs are then available with a simple click or even automatically with the autostart of the corresponding program.
No more drive noise, no more changing CDs, no more slow CD start-up.
* With Virtual CD you receive up to virtual drives that behave just like the "real" physical CD/DVD drives - except that they are up to 200x faster! The only noise you hear is music or the applictions sounds, and all you need to do is play, work and enjoy.
Fast, convenient, effective!
* Nobody needs to handle fragile CDs any more in order to run applications. Your children don't need to, nor do your colleagues or you yourself!
* Music, games, searching programs, grafic programs - all will be loaded faster and is immediately accessible. You can simultaneously use a number of different CD programs without needing to purchase a number of CDdrives - this pays off quickly.
Virtual CD offers you more!
* You can use virtual CDs in a network!
* You can burn virtual CDs to a CD-R!
* You can protect your virtual CDs with a password or encryption!
* You can protect your "real" physical CD/DVD drives with a password!
No risks, proven quality!
* Millions of private and professional users worldwide enjoy the advantages of Virtual CD since 1998. Each year coveted awardes confirm how easy Virtual CD is to operate - thus it will undoubtedly earn your enthousiasm. Whether game-CDsm route planners, lexicons, reference CDs - with Virtual CD you have everything at hand.
Using CDs and DVDs without a drive:
* Virtual CD copies your CDs and DVDs to the hard drive of your PC or Server using highly efficient data compression techniques. The virtual CDs are then run in virtual CD drives which are automatically set up in Windows and have all the functions and features of physical CD drives.
Advantages of Virtual CD:
* Up to 25 virtual CD/DVD drives
* Up to 25 CDs/DVDs accessible at the same time
* High speed access to an unlimited number of CDs and DVDs
* 1:1 access to CD- or DVD-images stored in a network
* CD/DVD data throughput at hard disc speed (200x CD-ROM)
* Accesstime up to 93% faster than a phys. CD-ROM drive
* Concurrent access of several computers to a CD/DVD image
and much more...
Virtual CD v9 - New functions:
* Vista-compatible: “Certified for Windows Vista”.
* Incremental extension of images
* Fast access to Toolbox programs
* Smart Virtual CD drives now compatible with USB flash drives
* Unlimited number of virtual burners
* Comparison Wizard
* Improved Quick Start utility
* Snapshot function
* Grouping function
* Job Execution
* Extended options for creating images
* Support for any physical CD drive
Changes in 220.127.116.11:
* Added: Driver - An interface was added which enables the virtual burner to write CD-Text correctly when writing an audio CD.
* Added: In response to users' requests, new parameters were added for generating blank virtual CDs using the command line:
Vc9genwz.exe  [drive=] [cdtype=] [/quiet]
drive= - Virtual burner in which the new blank virtual CD will be inserted.
cdtype= - Type of virtual CD blank that will be created.
0 - DVD-R , 1 - DVD+R , 2 - DVD+R DL , 3 - DVD-RAM , 4 - CD-R 700MB , 5 - CD-R 650MB , 6 - CD-R 600MB
New parameters in v18.104.22.168:
- Complete file name of the blank virtual CD. Extension must be .vc8.
/quiet – Suppresses all messages except errors.
NOTE: When you use this parameter, existing images will be overwritten automatically!
* Improved: Driver – It is now possible to use the virtual burner with GEAR products. NOTE: To do so, test-writes must be enabled. Do not try to test-write in a virtual burner, as the entire command set for test writes has not yet been implemented.
* Improved: Image Wizard - Under some conditions, virtual CDs are now generated much faster.
* Improved: Image Wizard - The compression ratio using ‘Level 4’ was improved.
* Improved: Emulation is now more efficient on some systems.
* Fixed: Image Wizard - The correct message is now shown when the destination path specified for the virtual CD does not exist.
* Fixed: Image Wizard - A virtual CD image was created in spite of the fact that ‘Create an ISO image’ was selected on the 'Destination' page.
* Fixed: Image Wizard – Under some circumstances, the Quick Copy file could not be deselected.
* Fixed: Image Wizard – The image file on the 'Update image data' page was reset when a new source drive was selected.
* Fixed: With active UAC under VISTA, some programs did not start correctly from the Toolbox.
* Fixed: Unknown ISO images are now added to the Virtual CD system when they are inserted into a virtual drive.
* Fixed: Shell extension - Under some circumstances, images were not inserted into the selected virtual drive.
* Fixed: CD Management - The detail view was not able to show information for multisession CDs correctly.
* Fixed: CD Management - VISTA only - With active UAC, the layouts did not work correctly.
* Double clicking an image in the Windows Explorer will now insert it into the default drive.
* MFC DLLs are now installed directly into the system if Microsoft Installer 3.1 or later is available.
* Language updates.