BitDefender™ provides security solutions to satisfy the protection
requirements of today’s computing environment, delivering effective threat management to over 41 million home and corporate users in more than 200 countries. Features antivirus, firewall, antispyware, antispam and parental control for corporate and home users. The BitDefender 2008 product line, which includes BitDefender Antivirus 2008, Internet Security 2008 and Total Security 2008, is designed to protect a wide variety of computer usage scenarios ranging from individual PC users and multi-PC families to SoHo businesses.
BitDefender Internet Security 2008 provides all the security your Internet-connected family or small business needs. It provides comprehensive proactive protection from viruses, hackers, spyware, spam and phishing emails, and it also protects children from inappropriate websites. BitDefender Internet Security 2008 is designed for users who want complete protection from malware and other common Internet Security threats.
Internet Security includes all of the benefits of Antivirus 2008 as well as:
• Firewall protection – controlling access to the Internet while “hiding” the computer from hackers
• E-mail anti-phishing and anti-spam – preventing different types of spam and scam e-mails from being delivered
• Parental controls – to block access to inappropriate websites and e-mails
• Web time limiter – which allows or blocks access to the web during specified time periods
• Application control – which allows users to limit access to specified applications Other benefits include Wi-Fi wireless protection that alerts users to unauthorized access to their Wi-Fi network, and the use of new adaptive engines which offer greater protection by speeding response times to new spamming techniques.
ANTIVIRUS & ANTISPYWARE
* Protects your PC in real time from known viruses, spyware and other malware with hourly updates
* Blocks unknown viruses using advanced proactive detection techniques
* Monitors and prevents spyware threats in real-time
* Detects and removes the newest breed of hidden threats known as rootkits
* Provides a smooth gaming experience by reducing the system load to a minimum
* Protects against phishing attacks by filtering all accessed web pages for fraud attempts
* Reduces the risk of identity theft by preventing personal information leaks via e-mail or web.
* Controls applications’ access to the Internet while “hiding” your computer from hackers
* Helps prevent unauthorized access to your Wi-Fi network by notifying you when computers log in to the network.
* Prevents different types of spam and scam e-mails from reaching your
* Now responds faster to new spamming techniques with new adaptive engines
* Blocks access to inappropriate websites and e-mail
* Allows or blocks web access during specified time periods System
* Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4
* Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32/64 bit)
* Windows Vista (32/64 bit)