DU Meter is an award winning utility from Hagel Technologies that provides an accurate account of the data which is flowing through your computer's network connection at any given moment. This readout is presented in both numerical and graphical format, in real time. DU Meter includes extensive logging facility, flexible events system, and more. It supports Windows 95/98/NT4/2000 and XP! DU Meter works with virtually all types of network connections: phone modems, DSL, cable modem, LAN, satellite, and more.
There are many reasons why you might want to monitor your network activity. Watching your data transfer rates can be very enlightening as you download a web page, email, or a software application. This will give you a much better idea of how long the operation will take. It will also let you know how efficient your Internet connection is. And it can alert you of dangerous or unexpected network activity.
If you are trying to improve your performance over the Internet and you are going to spend some time optimizing your configuration for maximum download speeds, it's critical that you accurately monitor your download speeds or data transfer rates so you can compare them at various settings.
DU Meter can also come in very handy to monitor whether some dangerous unknown activity is occurring while you are online. How can you tell whether data is either being uploaded to or downloaded from your computer behind the scenes while you are online? You get some idea of data flow when using your browser, email or FTP program, but what happens if some unknown application has installed itself and is sending or receiving data without you knowing about it? Obviously this is NOT something you want to think about, but it happens to people every day. Also, if you are on a LAN or local network, you can immediately see if someone is accessing your computer and transferring information.
The problem of Trojans, worms and other hidden files which can raid your system completely in the background is a serious one, one that is becoming more and more common. Don't let this happen to you! DU Meter can monitor this activity for you 100% of the time and let you know if data is flowing behind your back. You can then log off from your ISP immediately and terminate the activity.
* Provides clear graphical and/or numerical display
* Logging facility with export to many different file formats, including Excel and HTML
* Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads
* Works with Dial-Up, ISDN, Cable Modem, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more
* Option to select specific network interface
* Full compatibility with Windows 98, NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP
* Requires minimal screen real estate and system resources
* Simple installation
* Involves no changes to your Windows system files
* Configurable to load with Windows
* Auto-hide feature minimizes the meter to the system tray in the absence of network activity
* Readout in either kB/sec (kilobytes per second) or kbps (kilobits per second)
* Scalable to your own modem download capabilities
* Option to view readout in moment-to-moment or average values
* Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity drops below a certain level
* Useful stopwatch to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates