What is it about? This edit of FALLEN was most of all created to let AZAZEL not win. Gone is the demon narration as well as over-the-top or unneeded scenes. Now it’s “just” a horror thriller”.
original film name: Fallen
new film name : Azazel
film studio name : Warner Bros.
edit crew name : CBB
Date Original Film Was Released : 1998
Date Edit Was Released : November, 2008
Original Runtime : 123 min
New Runtime : 110 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 14 minutes cut / 1 minute added
Fallen is already a well made horror thriller in its original version. It has depth, thrilling atmosphere, good acting and some unforgettable moments (move-by-touch and Time-is-on-my-side anyone?). Still the narrative and the rather unsatisfying ending don’t make it a classic. By turning the focus from Azazel, who tells the original story, to Hobbes, the cop that hunts him, the mood of the movie is changed a lot. The moments when Hobbes is followed are more scary and the moments of silence have way more depth. With the cats gone and some rather stupid discussions deleted, it mounts into an all new and exciting ending.
* - deleted all of Azazel’s narrative voiceovers
* - deleted the beginning, started with Hobbs
* - replaced title credits with my own to get rid of the Rollign Stones song
* - deleted Azazel watching Hobbes when he enters the police station
* - cut a bit of Hobbes’ checking out the empty house.
* - cut the cat from watching Hobbs studying demonology.
* - deleted Hobbes’ “Come on out” speech
* - cut Stanton’s “what are you talking about” speech
* - trimmed Azazel’s roleplay as Jonesy
* - cut Azazel/Jonesy hunting Hobbes in the house
* - deleted the cat
* - created new ending
intention for this fanedit:
Being always disappointed by the cat thing, the Stones songs, Denzel’s uninspired voiceovers and the somewhat disappointing ending, FALLEN never ranked too high in my list of best movies, yet it had some great moments that made it worthwhile for me to think about changing it. I wanted most of all to let Azazel not win and get rid of the stuff that bothered me. In the end, all the narration went bye-bye, which was a difficult undertaking sound-wise and the plot was changed to make the new ending ending possible.
Winner of the monthly true fanedit contest for November 2008
please comment and rate this fanedit here: http://fanedit.org/2544/