R-Studio is a family of powerful and cost-effective undelete and data recovery software. Empowered by the new unique data recovery technologies, it is the most comprehensive data recovery solution for recovery files from FAT12/16/32, NTFS, NTFS5 (created or updated by Windows 2000/XP/2003), Ext2FS/Ext3FS (LINUX file systems) and UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD file systems) partitions. It functions on local and network disks, even if such partitions are formatted, damaged or deleted. Flexible parameter settings give you absolute control over data recovery.
R-Studio Data Recovery Features :
- Standard "Windows Explorer" - style interface.
- Host OS: Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista.
- Data recovery over the Network. Files can be recovered on network computers running Win95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista, Macintosh, Linux and UNIX.
- Supported file systems: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32,NTFS, NTFS5 (created or updated by Win2000/XP/2003/Vista), HFS/HFS+ (Macintosh), Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD/Solaris) and Ext2FS/Ext3FS (Linux).
- Recognition and parsing Dynamic (Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista), Basic(MBR) and BSD (UNIX) partitions layout schema and Apple partition map. Dynamic partitions over GPT are supported as well as dynamic partitions over MBR.
- Damaged RAID recovery. If OS cannot recognize your RAID, you can create a virtual RAID from its components. Such virtual RAID can be processed like a real one.
- Creates IMAGE FILES for an entire Hard Disk, Partition or its part. Such image files can be compressed and split into several files to put it on CD/DVD/Flash or FAT16/FAT32. Then the image files can be processed like regular disks.
Data recovery on damaged or deleted partitions, encrypted files (NTFS 5), alternative data streams (NTFS, NTFS 5).
- Recovering data if:
* FDISK or other disk utilities have been run;
* VIRUS has invaded; FAT is damaged; MBR is destroyed.
- Recognizes localized names.
- Recovered files can be saved on any (including network) disks accessible by the host operating system.
- File or disk content can be viewed and edited with the advanced hexadecimal editor. The editor supports NTFS file attribute editing.
New R-Studio features in version 4.0:
# HFS and HFS+ file systems support. In addition to FAT/NTFS/ExtFS2/ExtFS3/UFS1/UFS2 R-Studio supports HFS and HFS+ file systems developed by Apple Computer for use on computers running Mac OS.
* R-Studio can not be installed under Mac OS, but a hard drive with HFS and/or HFS+ partitions can be attached to Windows machine and processed by R-Studio.
# Apple Computers support. New R-Studio Emergency version can be run from CD on Intel-based Macintosh computers.
# Big Endian variant of UFS support.
# GPT partition layout schema support. This schema is used in 64-bit Windows OS.
# APM support. Apple Partition Map (APM) is a partition scheme used to define the low-level organization of data on disks formatted for use with Macintosh computers.
# R-Studio Technician Portable was added to R-Studio Technician package. The portable version can be run from a USB storage device.
# Compressed image format support. When R-Studio creates an image of the disk or its part, the image can be compressed and split into several files to put it on CD/DVD/Flash Drive or FAT16/FAT32.
* R-Studio reads and opens the created image only for the purpose of data recovery. For disk imaging and restoration tasks please consider R-Drive Image software.