01. Ibrahim Ferrer - Compositor Confundido.mp3 (Size: 83.51 MB) (Files: 13)
01. Ibrahim Ferrer - Compositor Confundido.mp3
02. Eliades Ochoa y el Cuarteto Patria - Al Vaiven de mi Carreta.mp3
03. Septeto Nacional de Ignacio Pinero - El Adios de este Momento.mp3
04. Afro-Cuban Jazz Project - Campina.mp3
05. Orquesta Sublime - Sabroso como El Guarapo.mp3
06. Mi Son - Mecanica de Amor.mp3
07. Todos Estrellas - Mami Me Gusto.mp3
08. Irakere - Boliviana.mp3
09. Sierra Maestra - El Reloj de Pastora.mp3
10. Los Guaracheros de Oriente - Patria Querida.mp3
Putumayo Presents Cuba - Back Cover.jpg
Putumayo Records Presents:
The beautiful melodies and exotic rhythms of Cuban son are guaranteed to have you dancing the night away.
The music of Cuba developed from a unique set of historical and social circumstances. African slaves, brought to work on the Spanish sugar plantations, soon outnumbered the European colonists. The attitude of the Spanish political and religious institutions towards African culture, while undeniably oppressive, was more open than in some other colonial societies. Catholic priests did their best to convert the Africans to Christianity, but they overlooked their worship of African deities as long as they gave them Christian names. In fact, santeria, a religion that combines Catholicism with African deities and rituals, is still a key part of Cuban spiritual life.
Most of the songs on this collection are a style called son, (lit. "sound") one of the most popular and influential Cuban musical forms. Son developed around the turn of the century in Oriente, a region in eastern Cuba. Migrating musicians brought son west to Havana in the 1920s, where it exploded in popularity. The fundamental element of the son is a rhythmic pattern called clave (lit. "key"). Played on two wooden sticks, called claves, this repetitive beat is the foundation upon which all of the other musical elements are structured. It gives son the propulsive swing that has endeared it to people around the world. Most contemporary salsa is based on son.
Ibrahim Ferrer - Compositor Confundido
Eliades Ochoa - Al Vaivén de Mi Carreta
Septeto Nacional - El Adios de Este Momento
Afro-Cuban Jazz Project - Campina
Orquesta Sublime - Sabroso Como El Guarapo
Mi Son - Mecánica de Amor
Todos Estrellas - Mami Me Gustó
Irakere - Boliviana
Sierra Maestra - El Relój de Pastora
Los Guaracheros de Oriente - Patria Querida
This is one of the many Putumayo´s records I have in mind to upload, so please help keep seeding after you downloaded.