mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions. It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, and message logging.
Version 6.33 includes a number of improvements, changes and fixes to the interface, scripting language, and several other features.
This version of mIRC continues to build on recent releases and addresses a number of issues that have been reported by users since the last release. It includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features.
In particular, a new editbox "automatic" lines option has been added that dynamically changes the size of the editbox in a window to show the whole of your typed message, up to half the size of the window. This allows you to easily see and review a long, multiple-line message while keeping the size of the editbox small when it is not in use.
Various other changes include:
* Added support for the transfer of files larger than four gigabytes.
* Added /var -g switch to allow you to set global variable values.
* Added $input() identifier combobox support.
* Fixed UTF-8 text-wrapping display bug.
* Fixed switchbar display button-sorting display bug.
* Fixed window positions not being saved correctly for some windows.
* Fixed server connection not remembering SSL status in some situations.
In total there have been almost 50 changes to this version and although most of them are only small fixes and tweaks, we hope that they result in a more useful and stable mIRC for you.