Fring patch to allow calls to be made over edge or 3G
1) You must be running a Jailbroken iPhone / iTouch
2) Install original Fring via iTunes App Store.
3) Now SSH into your iPhone / iTouch; remember root / alpine
4) Find Fring.app under root var/mobile/applications
5) To find the Fring.app, you then need to click on the most recently installed folder which will be your original Fring and inside should be the Fring.app
6) On your computer, rename the modified 3g Fring .api to .zip; it will now open in winzip or mac compatible unzipper e.g. zipeg
7) Delete the original Fring.app on your iPhone / iTouch
8) Copy the extracted 3g Fring.app from the zip folder across to your iPhone / iTouch either via the WinSCP (PC) or Yummy FTP (Mac).
9) Now you need to set the permissions. This is easy so please do make it more complcated for yourselves. ALL the files within the 3g Fring.app replacement must be set to 755 (Yummy) or 0755 (WinSCP). You should see all the files being altered as it goes through the process of changing the permissions.
10) When I tried it, it worked immediately after changing the permissions without a reboot but if it does not work then please reboot.