- BattlEye anti cheat support ;
- New Armorshield system ;
- All weapons set relooked, tweaked, enhanced with new FX, completed by the brand new dual fire mode Lasergun ;
- Midair mode fixed and tweaked including now 3 dedicated maps ;
- Capture The Flag mode, including funny new ruleset and Wctf1 (ctf-Russus by Cervix) ;
- New version of Wdm1, including a Lasergun, few layout and item changes ;
- New version of wtest4 (only needs few details before being renamed to wdm4) ;
- New maps like WDM5 (Viciious's Lair by Blx) ;
- Voices ingame messages, voices announcer messages from DJWheat of Radio-ITG himself ;
- Brand new HUD, icons, UI including a background movie made by the Big Pez, server browser, voice ingame messages, player models skins, etc. ;
- Autodownload, new callvotable cvars, stats, physics enhanced, hundreds of other fixes, adds, changes.
Thanks to my beloved DreamTeam (more than thanks, endless gratitude, and not only to our current active members, but to all contributors of wsw's story), the game, in reaching beta status, accomplished a major step up.
In 2005, we shown the concept and we got our first users community. In 2006, the concept is now supported by a strong code, cool User Interface, and polished gameplay basics. This version is definitly outpassing all my biggest dreams I could have during all those years of dev, so you can easily imagine my relief, happiness, enthusiasm, satisfaction. As leader, I use to say I can be considered as the hobbit in the Lord of the Rings, the quest being to make warºow come true. Believe me, to my eyes, wsw's quest appeared to have nothing to envy to the glorious novel. And wsw's team proved to be as much as valorous, brave, tough, loyal, kind, as the also glorious warriors of the community of the ring. GG mates =)
So now dudes, newcomers, long time supporters who spontaneously contributed in so many ways to make of wsw a living community (by providing demos, forums activity, tourneys organization, servers hosting, hard training and gaming, video making, everything), I'm inviting you to check by yourself that warºow isn't a fiction :