SystemRescueCd is a Linux system on a bootable CD-ROM for repairing your system and recovering your data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the partitions of the hard disk. It contains a lot of system utilities (parted, partimage, fstools, ...) and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools). It is very easy to use: just boot the CDROM. The kernel supports most of the important file systems (ext2/ext3, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, jfs, vfat, ntfs, iso9660), as well as network filesystems (samba and nfs).
System tools included:
* GNU Parted creates, resizes, moves, copies partitions, and filesystems (and more).
* GParted GUI implementation using the GNU Parted library.
* Partimage saves / restores partitions to an image file on another partition or to another system.
* File systems tools (e2fsprogs, reiserfsprogs, reiser4progs, xfsprogs, jfsutils, ntfsprogs, dosfstools): format, resize, and debug an existing partition of a hard disk
* Ntfs3g: enables read/write access to MS Windows NTFS partitions.
* sfdisk saves / restores partition table (and more).
* Test-disk tool to check and undelete partition, supports reiserfs, ntfs, fat32, ext2/3 and many others
* Network tools (Samba, NFS, ping, nslookup, ...)
Official homepage: http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page