Smoothwall Express is an internet firewall, which allows you to protect your network, as well as providing NAT functionality. It is ease to use and configurable via a web-based GUI. This open source firewall distribution requires absolutely no knowledge of Linux to install or use.
Smoothwall can be used on any Pentium-class PC and it comes pre-configured to stop all incoming traffic that is not the result of an outgoing request. The new “Purple network” interface keeps wireless clients like laptops safely off the main network.
Key features of the firewall are:
* Compatible with wide range of hardware/systems
* Flexible & Easy to Use
* Multiple network zones – Client Local Network (Green), De- militarized Zone for hosting servers (Orange), Wireless Client (Purple) and External (Red).
* Comprehensive reporting & logging capabilities
* POP3 Email antivirus proxy
* Web proxy support
* Snort IDS support
* Static and dynamic DNS support
* Remote Access and VPN support
* DHCP and Network time server support
* Powerful traffic graphs and bandwidth bars
* Inline Proxy support for Instant Messaging (MSN, ICQ, Yahoo!, AOL) & VoIP with logging capabilities
* Universal Plug n Play Support (UPnP)
* Bandwidth Management
* Real-time Graphs & per IP Traffic Stats
* Update system
* Outbound traffic blocking with time-based controls