# a LINUX operating system for artists
# based on Ubuntu Hardy, but also incorporates packages from Intrepid, Jaunty, PureDyne, Debian, Mint, Rpm based distros. Many selfmade packages, also some freeware is included.
# can be used as live cd or installed like a normal ubuntu
# extensive Documentation
* a Mindmap where the central documentation lies. This mindmap is also the Webpage of the whole Project. I think that central documentation is the Key feature that is missing in other projects
* for ervery program, there is a little description, a screenshot, links to the homepage, direct links to the communications (mailing list, forum, irc ..), the online dcoumentation and tutorials of a program, there is also a link to youtube, and, if available, thre are links the offline dcoumentation which came with the program
* there is also some information about background technologies (e.g how the sound pipeline works in linux), links to blogs which are essential for a category of programs
* all the local documentation that came with the programs, is linked into /home/tux/Documentation. So one can browse everything available in one folder.
* the mindmap resides in the dropbox folder, so in someone adds some info, everyone else using OpenArtist will have the updated version
* the mindmap is also renderd to html, for those who prefer this
* All Programs (should) have extensive documetation if you browse over the Icon in the menue!