Grafpup 2.0 has gone beta.
Grafpup Linux is a desktop operating system with a focus on providing a complete and stable workflow for digital imaging professionals and graphic artists in a very compact package. It runs quite well as a live cd but with persistent storage for your data and a nice package management system for addon software. Packages can even be installed when running the OS from the live cd and will remain there when you reboot. It can also install quite easily to a usb thumbdrive or your hard disk and runs equally well. I've based it on the structure of Puppy Linux which is an amazing distribution created from scratch by Barry Kauler. The total size of the live cd is right around 80mb and the whole of the operating system loads into ram for amazing performance. Here is a short list of the applications you will find in Grafpup. * Gimp-2.2.11 is the premier image editor for the Linux platform and a centerpiece of GNU software.
* Inkscape-0.43 is one of the best Vector drawing programs available for any platform.
* Scribus-126.96.36.199 is a complete desktop publishing solution.
* Cinepaint-0.21-1 image editor that complements Gimp nicely. Include 16-bit support for high end digital photography.
* Bluefish-1.05 is a powerful web development tool that can be used to quickly generate html, php, perl, and other code.
* Icewm-1.2.26 is a small and light window manager with all of the functionality you are ever likely to need.
* Opera-9.0beta is a perfect blend of small size and functionality. Opera is also the default email program in Grafpup.
* Gxine media player for movies and music. DVD playback works great out of the box in Grafpup.
* Ted word processor is a small and light rich text word processor.