eAR OS is a complete Operating System that easily replace XP, Vista or Mac OS X for a better experience. It comes with a Media Center application and all hardware drivers are working out-of-the-box with no further installation.
The most important features of the new release:
1) Now you can navigate the eAR Media Center with a mouse, a touch pad or a touch screen! Use the mouse or your finger to scroll around.
Left-Click to select and activate an item. Middle-Click to access the build-in help menu and user guide. Right-Click to go backward in menues.
2) Windows Media Center Remotes (new version with Philips ID) are now working out-of-the-box.
3) Update of the 2.6.24 Real-Time Linux kernel and update of almost all applications to the very newest stable releases. The excellent Exaile audio player with iPod support has been added too.
4) New features in the MORE menu. You can easily extent the MORE features yourself, use the examples.
5) Firefox with support of QuickTime content and DIVX movie playback. For example, now you can watch the Apple Movie Trailers in High Definition.
6) Firewall to prevent incoming traffic. Permissions to run the firewall have been setup for you. Therefore the firewall is working out-of-the-box, just go through the wizard and specify your connection to the internet. The firewall is auto-started every time you start your PC.
We do hope you will enjoy the speed and the new features of the eAR OS, version 1.09b.