CAELinux 2008 is based on the PCLinuxOs 2007 distribution with the latest updates and should support the most recent hardwares / chipset for a much better compatibility and ease of use. It now comes with a newer kernel in version 126.96.36.199 with support for up to 4Gb Ram and 4 CPUs.
Additionnally, the release of CAELinux 2008 contains the new release of the GPL Salome_Meca 2008 package developed by EDF (and many others). This updated package represents the fusion of Code-Aster STA9.2 finite element solver and the Salome v3.2.9 CAD/Pre/Post GUI and allows to run a complete FEA study directly from the SALOME graphical user interface. Also, CAELinux 2008 is the first release to include a working and well integrated version of Code-Saturne v1.3.1 (CFD solver developed by EDF) which can be easily interfaced with many meshing and post pocessing programs. With these software, Open-Source FEA is making a jump in ease of use and gets always closer to commercial FEA & CFD codes!
* CAELinux is an installable LiveDVD Linux distribution based on PcLinuxOs 2007: a user-friendly live Linux distribution, with enhanced hardware detection and a very efficient hard disk installer.
* Contains the following CAE softwares:
o Pre-post processors & CAD: Salome_Meca 2008, Salome v3.2.9, GMSH 2, Paraview, Visit, OpenDX, XMGrace, CGX, QCad
o Finite Element solvers: Salome_Meca 2008, Code_Aster v9.2, Elmer v5.4, Tochnog, Calculix 1.7, Impact 0.75, getDP, Dynela,
o Computationnal Fluid Dynamics: OpenFOAM v1.4.1, OpenFlower, latest release of Gerris flow solver and GFSView, Code-Saturne 1.3.1 with CFD analysis wizard and tutorial
o Multibody dynamics : MBDyn, EasyAnim
o Mathematics: GNU Octave (+OctaveForge), kOctave, Scilab, wxMaxima, R & Rkward.
* Is provided with interactive flash tutorials, videos as well as examples to start learning how to use the included open-source softwares for realistic simulation
* This new release includes ready-to-install packages for 3D accelerated video drivers (ATI & NVidia cards).
* Available in two versions:
o a LiveDVD ISO image to use or install the preconfigured Linux environment with optimum performance.
o a VMWare virtual machine to use CAELinux environment directly from your current OS (Windows or Linux OS)