BeleniX is an OpenSolaris Distribution and a LiveCD. It includes all the features of OpenSolaris and adds a whole variety of open source packages. BeleniX is free to use, modify and distribute.
The BeleniX LiveCD allows you to test drive OpenSolaris in less than 2 minutes. BeleniX can also be installed on USB thumb drive allowing you to carry your operating environment, applications and data in your pocket. The LiveUSB boots even faster than the CD !
This is primarily a bugfix release :
- Ugraded to OpenSolaris Build 67
- Upgraded GIMP to 2.2.16
- New revamped ddcxinfo utility that can uses Xorg to probe the Monitor and extract EDID information from the logfile. So ddcxinfo now works again.
- A solution to the Math library SSE2 issue that haunted earlier BeleniX releases has been put in place. The FreeBSD math library has been re-included since it does not require SSE2. However it is used only on machines where the SSE2 capability is absent.
- Release 0.6 used to cause a kernel panic when booted off CDROM and occasionally with some other kinds of heavy testing. This was a bug in the enhanced HSFS module and has been fixed.
- The I/O scheduling implementation in the enhanced HSFS module has been modified a little to give better head scanning behavior, resulting in a further 10% performance benefit.
- Some more script cleanups
- Fixed the keyboard map handling problem in 0.6.