The Best Blu-ray/DVD Player Software Today
World-renowned PowerDVD 9 delivers outstanding Blu-ray and DVD movie playback quality on your PC.
• Unparalleled HD movie experience: The best video quality today with incomparable support for all HD video formats like AVCHD, AVCREC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2 HD and WMV-HD
• HDMI 1.3 Support: HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) simultaneously transfers 8 channels of audio over a single cable
• PC friendly: Play your HD movies on high or low spec CPUs
• High-Def Home Theater Audio: Supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD
TrueTheater Technology for your DVDs
Maximize the DVD experience with 2 new TrueTheater technologies:
• CyberLink TrueTheater HD: Presents movies the way they were meant to be, in picture-perfect quality on your HDTV. Utilizing an advanced upscaling algorithm
• CyberLink TrueTheater Motion: By utilizing a frame rate upconversion technology, TrueTheater™ provides a smoother, judder-free playback
• Don't forget about TrueTheater Stretch, Lighting, and more
Explore your favorite movies with cool and exciting smart features including two new innovations that make the PowerDVD playback software movie experience even more memorable—FancyView for animated browsing and the Cinema playback mode tailored for home theater environments
• FancyView navigates in an animated fashion: FancyView introduces an entirely unique perspective when you are browsing movie titles, chapters, and special features
• Cinema playback mode: Switch seamlessly between playback modes for larger displays, easier remote control operation, and enable Blu-ray playback in Microsoft Windows Media Center
Features for Movie Fans
If you love watching movies, then PowerDVD 9's Movie Collection feature is perfect for amassing tons of movie facts & figures, trivia, reviews & ratings, and lots more. Then, upload it to the world by sharing on MoovieLive, the global community where PowerDVD users reside
• Movie Collection: Often imitated, never duplicated, start your own today and watch it thrive with the more movies watched
• MoovieLive Celluloid Community: PowerDVD users' favorite web site, instantly share your recommendations and thoughts after synchronizing your movie collection to your MoovieLive account
Changelog Build 1719 (2009-05-22):
• Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit compatibility support with High DPI solution
• Vista 64-bit compatibility support
• NVIDIA CUDA optimization for TrueTheater HD
• Netbook/Nettop small display resolution support
• Intel GMA500 (Menlow) platform support
Preactivated Recompressed Setup:
• Installs the Ultra Version - pre-activated with Advance Audio Pack
• The MoovieLive and Movie Remix features are disabled by default
• Doesn't install the Google Toolbar & Cyberlink's RichVideo Service
• Pre-registered version -> No annoying Registration Reminder popups
• Sets the cursor hide time in Full Screen to 1 second (default= 3)
Note about virus warnings: If you get a trojan or virus warning then it's a false positive! - I've added nothing!!
You get exactly the same warning when you download and install the trail version because it's the same setup.
I only removed and modified some files to disable MoovieLive, Movie Remix and RichVideo and to make it pre-activated!
To anyone who doubts me: Here's how to check the Digital Signatures:
• Extract Setup.exe with 7-zip and open the directory where you extracted the files
• Right click on any exe file, select properties and click on the Digital Signatures tab
• Double click on the Signature and read the line below "Digital Signature Information"
• If it says that the Digital Signature is OK, it means that the file isn't altered!
• Click on the "View Certificate" button for more information
Install: Just run Setup.exe and you are done, it's activated and registered!! *
* Note to Vista & Windows 7 users: They removed the registration info from the registry, it doesn't register during the setup.
Just enter a phony name + email address, register it and the register reminder won't popup anymore.
:: EXTRAS ::
Tweak Pack for PowerDVD 9
Blu-Ray_Region_Reset.bat: Resets the Blu-Ray region settings (remaining changes)
Enable/Disable_MoovieLive.bat: Enables/Disables MoovieLive and Movie Remix
Enable/Disable_FullScreen.bat: Enables/Disables FullScreen launch of movies and DVDs
Reset_HD_Dailog.bat: Resets the High-Definition Content dialog *
Remove/Restore_StartupApps.bat: Removes/Restores the Startup Applications **
Reset_Visualization.bat: Resets the Visualisation settings to default ***
Enable/Disable_Visualization.bat: Enables/Disables the Visualisation plugin ****
Enable/Disable_Toolbar.bat: Enables/Disables the PowerDVD Toolbar (Mini Player Mode)
* This comes in handy if you selected "Don't ask me this question again" and want to re-enable
or disable TrueTheater Lightning and Smart De-interlace when playing High-Definition content.
** BDRegion, PDVD9LanguageShortcut and RemoteControl9 - Don't run this if you use a remote!
*** Run this one if you selected a visualisation that crashes PowerDVD
**** Disable_Visualization.bat totally disables the Visualisation plugin, run this one if PowerDVD
crashes when you play audio files or if you never use it.