At last, here’s the ultimate DVD by the finest, wildest & most soulful Balkan Gypsy band .Various aspects of the band’s outstanding history and talents are explored in \\\"The Continuing Adventures…\\\": there’s an exciting Taraf concert filmed in London’s Union Chapel ; an extensive documentary shot in Romania; interviews with the band and with some of its distinguished fans (such as Johnny Depp), rare archive material filmed during the Taraf’s travels around the world, and a bonus, 50-minute live audio CD.
The DVD contains:
1. TARAF DE HAIDOUKS LIVE AT UNION CHAPEL (directed by Marc Allen, 58\\\')
2. NO MAN IS A PROPHET IN HIS OWN LAND (directed by Elsa Dahmani, 52\\\') a documentary in french
3. ON THE ROAD WITH TARAF (based on the Taraf de Haidouks’ private archives, edited by Elsa Dahmani , 17\\\')
4. THE TARAF SPEAK TO YOU... (directed by Marc Allen, 23\\\').
Marc Allen and Michel Winter interview the various Taraf members about music, family, love and life in general…
5. LATCHO DROM (an excerpt from the Taraf’s appearance in the Tony Gatlif movie, 8\\\')
Released in 1991, Latcho Drom was the first movie entirely devoted to Gypsy music. Gatlif (who recently won the «Best Director» award at the Cannes Film Festival) travelled from India to Spain to film some of the most remarkable exponents of the various Gypsy styles. About a good quarter of the movie was devoted to the Taraf.