Developer: Hussar Games
For Liberty! Is a turn based computer strategy game for the PC, covering two wars of independence - the American Revolution (1775-1783) and the Rakoczi War of Independence in Europe 1703-1711. The game is based on the same engine as 1848, but has added many features and visual improvements. One notable new feature is the tactical battle system that features a randomly generated maps. The game also features new unit types and formations as well as an all new resource management component, random and historical events and more!
* Turn based gameplay both on the Strategic and Tactical level Two theatres of operation: East Coast of North America and the Carpathian Basin in Central Europe.
* Two large maps, each over 3000 hexes in size Tactical Battle System that allows "Quick Battle" generation and maps Over 20 minutes of period music for each theater Management of 6 key resources: recruits, horses, muskets, cannons, money and supply.
* Influence points can be used to affect political decisions.
* 400 different historical leaders
* Each leader can have up to 3 different special abilities out of 16 including the of Melee Specialist, Engineer, Fort Specialist, Grenadier and Maneuver
* 16 type of units, eg: dragoon, infantry, rifleman, militia, Indians, hussars, grenadier and heavy artillery 3D rendered maps and units
* 8 campaigns, 4 for each theater
* 3 kinds of multiplayer support: HotSeat, PBEM and LAN (TCP/IP).
* 3 difficulty settings
* 7 different unit stances on the strategic map: defense, attack, rest, siege, retreat, routed and training
* 4 kinds of unit formations on the tactical map: skirmish, column, line and routed Simple Ruleset for new players and Advanced Ruleset for veterans Realistic depiction of battles and campaigns, units will not fight to the last man, you win battles by routing the enemy army from the field Wide assortment of random events: pirates, epidemics, betrayal, fires, revolts, desertion, Indian discontent and many others Towns can be pillaged to gain supply Fleet Bombardments and Troop Landings Years of historical research utilized in the games development