- All binaries, maps, textures etc. that has been changed by Valve
- The REVOLUTiON Emulator v9.76 RC2 - All credits go to the REVOLUTiON Crew (www.rev-crew.info)
- Modified left4dead.exe by shmelle to accept and load the emulator
- Server browser plugin written by cs.rin.ru user sh!tL0adeR
- Additional UI files to fix text and font elements for the great Skullptura client (now it looks exactly like the Steam version)
- Some additional sound files in a separate archive because the new version was totally buggy with the Skullptura client (now it's compatible)
- No installer
- Single player mode
- LAN mode via console connect
- Online mode on no-steam servers
- Server browser (internet Setti list only, LAN/favorites/history does not work)
What does not work:
- Steam Cloud (obviously, now RevEmu disables it - no more crashes because of it)
- Avatars (or if you want to use a totally white avatar, then it's working for you... :))
- Lobby matchmaking system
- Playing on Steam servers (it never will)
Check for emulator updates at www.rev-cew.info
I tested this package mostly on the Skullptura client and on a clean 22.214.171.124 Steam rip because they are the primary targets. The patch still
should work with other (and older) clients though. The patch ripped from Steam was incompatible because the new sound binary didn't play some of the downsampled sound files (it's Skullptura after all) correctly. I included these files from the Steam version. They're in a separate archive.
This client can connect to v126.96.36.199 servers only.
- Create a backup of your whole game! (To connect to old servers and in case something goes wrong)
- Extract the main archive (Left 4 Dead No-Steam Patch 188.8.131.52.7z) to your game directory (where left4dead.exe is located) and overwrite everything
- If you're using the Skullptura client (or any other with downsampled sounds) extract the sound fix (skullptura sound fix.7z) on top of that. Again overwrite everything. To test if you need this fix: Start No Mercy single player. If the sound of the rain is OK then you don't need the fix.
- Open rev.ini in Notepad and edit your player name (!DefaultPlayerName!), leave everything else
- Launch the game via left4dead.exe
- If the game asks about Steam Cloud (it shouldn't), disable it (uncheck the box).
- Delete your game folder
- Restore your backup :)
About the server browser:
- You can open it by typing "openserverbrowser" into the game console or you can bind a key for this command in config.cfg
- The Setti servers appear on the Custom tab. If you know any L4D servers that do not appear on the list please submit them @ css.setti.info. The bottom of that page has a very good submit field.
***** AS IM USEING SKULLPTURA CLIENT I DIDNT OVERWRITE THE CRACK, I KEPT ORIGINAL. OVERWRITING CRACK CAUSED CRASHES IN EARLIER UPDATES DO WHAT YOU WILL******