Wheeler Dealers is a television show on the Discovery network, fronted by Mike Brewer and mechanic Edd China.
There have so far been 6 series of the program. Series 1 originally aired in 2003 with series 4 finishing in 2006. The sixth series finished in spring 2009
The show's premise is that Brewer and China are on a mission to save repairable enthusiast vehicles, by repairing or otherwise improving an example of a particular make and model to a budget, then selling it to a new owner. Each project spans a pair of 30-minute episodes, in which Mike buys a vehicle, turns it over to Edd for repairs, then sells it on. For the first series the budget was £1000, for series 2, £2000, and for series 3 £3000.
* Mike and Edd start with a budget to buy and then fix up a vehicle.
* Mike gives a brief history of the merits of the chosen model of vehicle.
* Mike locates, negotiates for and buys a car.
* Mike turns the car over to Edd China, and together they assess its needs.
* Edd begins work, providing assessments of the work and its challenges.
* Mike stops by China's shop for an overview of progress, and expenditures are reviewed.
* A quick review of the first episode
* Mike (often) goes on a field trip to procure some required parts.
* Mike interviews an owner of a similar car in top condition, then drives and comments on the car.
* Edd finishes the work on the project car.
* Mike returns to the workshop and discusses the finished car with Edd.
* Mike drives the completed car, assessing improvements.
* Mike sells the car to a new owner. There is a final tally of expenditures and any "profit" or "loss".
All episodes are encoded with the following specs:
=== Video Information ===
Video Codec Name: x264
Video Bitrate: 3000 kb/s
Resolution: 1280x720 - 16:9
frames Per Second: 29.97 fps
=== Audio Information ===
Audio Bitrate: 384 Kbps, 48KHz, 6 channels, AC-3
These are NEW rips from the Discovery HD channel
Some of the other rather spiffing shows available now and always if you signup free @ www.TheBox.bz:
Comedy: The Office, Peep Show, Coupling, Chef, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, The IT Crowd, Brass Eye, Nathan Barley, Young Ones, Monty Python, Blackadder, Alan Partridge, Father Ted, Coupling, Little Britain, Mr Bean, Extras, Green Wing, Mighty Boosh
Drama: Casualty, Holby City, The Bill, Hustle, Skins, Shameless, Ashes To Ashes
Game/Quiz Shows: Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Have I Got News For You, Deal Or No Deal (UK), Q.I.
Education/Documentary: Planet Earth, Horizon, Panorama, Mark Thomas (Comedy) Product
Food: Hell's Kitchen, Jamie Oliver, The F Word, Kitchen Nightmares, Masterchef, Great British Menu, Gordon Ramsay's Cookalong
Home/Property/Garden: Property Ladder, How Clean Is Your House?, Changing Rooms, Grand Designs, Homes Under The Hammer, To Buy Or Not To Buy
Motoring: Top Gear, Fifth Gear
Music: Top Of The Pops, Jools Holland, Glastonbury
Reality: Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here!, Any Dream Will Do, Grease, Pop Idol, Wife Swap, X Factor, Badger Or Bust, Apprentice UK, Dragons' Den, Britain's Got Talent
Sci-Fi: Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Torchwood, Primeval
Sport: Football (Soccer), Cricket, Rugby, Snooker, Darts, Formula One (F1GP)