1. Mount or burn image.
3. Run \Update\Gothic3_patch112.exe - official patch to v1.12
4. Run \Update\G3_Community_Patch_v1.5.2_Int - community patch updates to v1.52.25931
5. Run \Update\Gothic_3_Community_Patch_v1.6_Incremental - official patch updates to 1.6
These patches are all incremental and MUST be run in sequence.
Patch 1.52 removes the DVD check copy protection
Despite the fact that since the first CPT release a fair three digit number of fixes have been made and the fact that the game is much more stable right now there are still a few stability issues which have not been fixed entirely:
1. High resolution texture settings will result in a higher crash frequency than mid or low resolution textures.
2. Gothic III will still run out of memory when playing longer sessions (internally we have one crash in 6-7 hours with high texture resolutions). Teleporting frequently can further reduce the crash frequency.
3. Teleporting will take a little longer due to memory management changes
4. Alt Tabbing randomly leads to a black screen when tabbing in again
5. Game crashes randomly after transforming back from an animal
6. NPC´s can be invisible in rare cases. Just walk away and return
7. Camera can flicker in some cases. Just scroll camera out and in again
8. Playing the Orcish Drums Twice without doing anything else in between leads to a situation where you cannot do anything anymore. Press CTRL-F8 to resolve this situation.