The glorious age of Rome - a time when the empire was at its peak, envied and feared by friend and foe alike. All across the provinces governors spared no expense to build cities of unparalleled splendor and magnificence and leave their mark in history. Enter this time of wonder and use your city building skills to create cities that would humble even Rome itself. In campaign mode, use careful planning to become the empire's most respected governor. Or go online in challenge mode to best players across the Internet and determine who can build an empire to stand the test of time.
Glory of the Roman Empire is an accessible and easy to learn, yet difficult to master city building and management simulation that will challenge players in a historically authentic settings, while lush graphics immerse the player in the culture of the ancient Roman empire.
* A game that focuses first and foremost on FUN!
* Superbly accessible game with an elegant, highly intuitive “flower” interface and “learn as you play” tutorial.
* Lush, highly detailed 3D graphics depict daily Roman life: watch and guide your populace as farmers harvest food, animals feed, slaves construct buildings and carry supplies, artisans work, citizens worship and Praetorians patrol your budding town.
* Richly detailed Roman cities can be crafted and managed, complete with aqueducts, arenas, temples and many other buildings and decorations based on historic counterparts.
* Campaigns and regional maps based on history: play as a budding Rome, Pompeii, Florence and other authentic cities. Or craft your own, limited only by your imagination.
* Challenge mode with online high scores and ladder rankings for those gamers that prefer to prove their mettle in a more competitive context
Player Options: Single Player
* Media Format: DVD-ROM
* System Requirements: Operating System: Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP
* CPU: P3/Athlon 1.5GHz (P4/A 2.4GHz rec.)
* RAM: 256MB (512MB RAM rec.)
* Video Card: Geforce 2MX/Radeon 9000-class, 32 MB (GeForce 6600/Radeon 9700-class, 128 MB rec.)
* Sound card: 100% DirectX compatible
* DVD-ROM: DVD drive
* DirectX: DirectX 9.0c or higher