In a world where the Soviet Union won the Cold War, a fierce conflict
is unfolding in the streets of America. Taking on the role of
Christopher Stone, players evolve from an average New Yorker into a
fearless patriot who recruits and leads an army of freedom fighters
in the streets of New York City. Freedom Fighters combines the depth
of a squad based game with the intensity of an action-packed war game
that unfolds in the streets, subways, and buildings of the city.
* Character evolution that transforms the main character from an
average civilian to the toughest Freedom Fighter in the world.
* Fast paced squad based element that enables players to recruit
and lead up to 12 Freedom Fighters into battle.
* Intense, in-your-face urban guerilla warfare scenarios ranging
from small sabotage missions to large battles where the player has
to conquer enemy installations.
* Charisma-based Recruiting System gives players points for rescuing
prisoners or capturing key installations.
* Variety of weapons including machine guns, rocket propelled
grenades, and Molotov c**ktails.
* Environments and the seasons will evolve over time. As the game
progresses, the city is slowly degraded and transformed into a
* Enhanced rendering technology via Io Interactive's "Glacier"
engine that lends to amazing 3D special effects such as real-time
lighting, rain, snow, smoke and explosions.
* Rich environmental audio such as shouting when in battle, barking
out commands and music setting the pace and mood of the gameplay
action. Music composed by Jesper Kyd and performed by the Hungarian