Fable invites you to solve problems either by being good or by being evil, and to watch as the effects of your decisions gradually take a noticeable toll on your persona.
Fable also features a number of novel elements, such as how your hero's appearance gradually changes with age, and how villagers respond differently to him depending on his reputation, looks, and other factors. These elements serve to significantly differentiate a game that's actually pretty straightforward in terms of how it plays.
Mind you, this is a decidedly great game, all in all. Its most interesting, riskiest features may lie at the fringes rather than at the core--but they're there.
* Microsoft® Windows® XP
* PC with 1.4 GHz equivalent or higher processor
* 256 MB of system RAM
* 3 GB available hard disk space
* 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
* 64 MB shader capable video card required
* Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device