1. install fallout3 ( http://www.mininova.org/tor/1955211 )
2. install patch 1.5 ( included )
3. copy broken steel "Data" folder into Fallout 3 "Data" folder (overwrite files)
4. copy Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM) to F3 dir and start it.. check both files and drag BrokenSteel.esm to the top
- or simpler method: start FalloutLauncher.exe go to DATA FILES and check BrokenSteel.esm
If you have finished Fallout 3 and dont want to start over you can use my savegame:
1. start a new game
2. save at age 1 and exit game
3. go to "c:\Users\Jaxx\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves" (in xp its "my documents") and copy the savegame file into the saves folder with your username..
4. start game and load save
5. enter the door.. kill or spare col. autumn, sacrifice yourself (or lyons) to start the purifier.. you can do it yourself just use code 216..
6. A message will appear saying Broken Steel is enabled..
7. The ending movie will show the path I've taken through the game.. then 2 weeks later you wake up fresh as a daisy with loads of ammo and cash + a dog waiting at home (in Megaton) :D
All of the F3 quests are done (or 99% ?) and the entire Map is discovered (without trainers, cheats, hacks, mods or console help)