Carnivores 2 D3D XP fix.zip (Size: 124.59 MB) (Files: 7)
Carnivores 2 D3D XP fix.zip
Carnivores 2 patch 1.1.zip
Carnivores 2 v3.0 Mod.exe
dgVoodoo 1.40 + Glide wrapper.zip
Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt
Fantasy First-Person Shooter
Oct 31, 1999
* Enter a world filled with 9 mammoth prehistoric dinosaurs
* Trudge through the 5 eerily realistic 3D maps, including a dense jungle, vast swamps, open deserts and more
* Equip yourself with a pistol, shotgun, sniper rifle, or 3 other weapons
* Quench your thirst for a victorious kill with the help of the state-of-the-art hunting equipment
* Alter your plan of attack as the dinosaurs follow and learn your movements
* Experience the elements of a truly realistic world including fog, a hot beating sun and the dangers of the night
* Immerse yourself in an exquisitely detailed world filled with 3D graphics, real-time lighting and translucent water effects
* Ingenious survival skills may take you to engaging hidden areas for more dinosaur stalking action
* Feel a chill run down your spine as you hear the eerie shrill of a distant, but ever-present dinosaur
* Danger is always a second away, so prepare to crouch and take cover to avoid the charging velociraptor
* Enter the realm of prehistoric reality and take on the quest for survival
Minimum System Requirements:
PII 233 or equivalent
Hard Drive Space:
About the Carnivores 2 v3.0 mod (Credit to creator Bob Smolder aka Bobbyx):
- New Main Menu
- New Main Menu Background Music
- New Dino Skins For All Huntable Dino's (NOT MADE BY ME)
- Corresponding Pictures of the Dino's in the menu.
- New Area Pics in the Menu.
- Pistol replaced with a Desert Eagle 44. Magnum (corresponding menu pic also.)
- All Gun Sounds Replaced
- New textures for the arms and gloves of the hunter.
- New Compass Texture
- Brachiosaurus added as environmental Dinosaur.
(Brachiosauruses now walk on land, water sounds replaced + they make sound)
- Health/Size/Some Names of Dinosaurs are fixed.
- Costs are changed to make it harder. Supplies now cost too.
- New Display Bullet Textures (double ammo pic in menu replaced too)
- Most of the Call Sounds replaced.
- Underwater Sound Replaced.
- Perfect Working V_D3D.REN file included.
PLEASE NOTE! IF YOU PLAY CARNIVORES 2 UNDER XP, CHOOSE COMPATIBILITY WINDOWS 98/ME. OTHERWISE THE GAME WILL GET: "HEAP ALLOCATION ERROR"!
(Note that I remade the setup installer with Winrar, as the original was difficult to get installed - PiratesInc.)
To install: run and install Carnivores 2 v3.0 mod. It defaults to "C:\Program Files\Carnivores 2".
Once you are in the game, under options, you can choose your settings for audio and video. I use software settings for audio and video, as I was never able to get D3D to work.
If you choose to play Carnivores 2 without the v3.0 mod, you may not have to change compatibility settings.
You may need to install Carnivores 2 patch 1.1 then install Carnivores 2 D3D XP fix if you want to try to get D3D to work.
(Your mileage may vary.)
I also included the dgVoodoo 1.40 + Glide wrapper patch: "dgVoodoo is a Glide Wrapper that implements Glide 2.11 and Glide 2.43 using DirectDraw7 and Direct3D7. dgVoodoo provides support to run Windows-based and DOS-based applications using
Glide, and it can also emulate VESA 2.0 for DOS applications."
With it, you can run the game in 3dfx GLide mode. (I never tried it, so try at you own risk.)