Poly-Ana is finally here! Get ready for a new experience in virtual
analog synthesis! Poly-Ana uses a different approach than most other
VA soft-synths which we feel delivers a sound more authentic to the
early analog synths that inspired her features. This "brute-force"
method admittedly requires more processing power than other common
techniques, but is a far truer model of the functioning of real analog
instruments. If you obsess over the quality of your sound like we do
then you won't mind using a bit more CPU power to help get you closer
to that real analog sound; a sound that so many other VA synths fall
too-far short of. (Note that Poly-Ana also offers a Quality option to
reduce CPU usage during performance-time at the expense of sound
quality.) Poly-Ana's voice architecture is an ambitious combination of
all the best features of the famous analog classics, plus a few new
features (totaling 185 controls!) which, while possible back in the
day, would have been prohibitively expensive to implement in hardware.
But as a software-only product, Poly-Ana doesn't face these
limitations, and we held nothing back in designing our "ultimate
analog dream synth". Combine this with a classic styled design that
puts every parameter a single click away, with large, easy to grab
knobs and switches that behave like the real-world items; and with no
hidden drill-down menus so that each and every control is prominently
displayed out where you can see it; Poly-Ana offers a true alternative
in software synthesis.
* VST 2.4 compatible with 32 or 64 bit audio processing (backwards
compatible with older versions of VST too!)
* Maximum 12 note polyphony featuring unison, voice detune and
a unique poly-unison mode!
* Three oscillators per voice!
* Two filters per voice, 12/24 dB/Oct, LPF/HPF, can be run in parallel
or in series allowing for additional multi-mode capability!
* Filter Resonance Modulation. Rarely offered on other synths!
* Stereo signal path throughout the voice. Poly-Ana produces dramatic
stereo effects without using any tacked-on delay or chorus effects!
* All voice parameters always visible and accessible with a single
* GUI controls that work like the real-world items, like automatic
knob detents and single-click toggles!
* Unique modulation routing scheme! All the power of modular without
the tedious complications of using patch cables or a modulation
matrix. And all Poly-Ana mod destinations can be modulated at audio
* Waveform Mod automatically morphs oscillator waveforms!
* PWM for ALL oscillator waveforms!
* Oscillator PM (Phase Modulation) allows creation of "FM synthesis"
type sounds, never heard before in an analog modeled design!
* Noise Sync. Oscillators can sync to noise source as well as normal
* Two LFOs per voice with retriggering! Allows separate phase for each
voice's LFOs, creating echo-like modulation effects.
* Full Host-Sync for LFOs with adjustable phase offset!
* Three ADSR envelopes per voice with adjustable curves!
* Two Modulation Mixers allow for complex combinations of modulation
sources through Addition, Multiplication (ring modulation) a Sample
and Hold, a Full/Half Wave Rectifier, and a Lag filter!
* Unique, oversampled voice engine sounds more like real analog than
any soft-synth you've heard yet!
* Quality control lets you reduce Poly-Ana's CPU power requirements
while recording performances.
* MIDI CC# mapping of all controls with MIDI learn. Just right click
any control to set it's CC.
* Automatic MIDI guitar controller support for 6 channel control in
MIDI "Mono" mode..
* Cutoff knob smoothing, no more "zipper noise" when performing and
automating filter sweeps from the front panel.
* Cutoff and resonance gang buttons. Control both filters together, or
* Oscillator retriggering and starting-phase controls. Great for
punchy basses and many other effects not possible on most
traditional analog designs.
* Analog Drift feature, oscillators and filters can be set anywhere
from rock solid, to out-of-tune unstable.
* GUI Options: User customizeable background .PNG files, optional
tooltips, and an option to replace Mod Source dials with drop-down
* VST instrument AND VST effect versions! Effect version can process
external audio and/or use external audio as a modulation source!
* Built in bank of 128 sounds plus 2 additional user banks included
and more to come on our site as users contribute them. We will never
charge money for Poly-Ana patches!
POLY-ANA VERSION HISTORY / CHANGES
1.13 - 2008-07-03
* Restored the upper cutoff limit on the filters, prevents a sudden jump
in volume at higher cutoff frequencies (well above Nyquist). This
will fix any programs that may have sounded different in version 1.12.
* Fixed crash problem when closing editor in certain poorly behaved