This is the core sourcebook for Over the Edge, an RPG published by Atlas Games.
Over the Edge Second Edition:
The Roleplaying Game of Surreal Danger
Let your imagination run naked in the street ...
Devious secret agents, subtle alien invasions, ancient conspiracies, the secret of human nature, drooling psychopaths, weird science, a quick but painful death -- who knows what you may find when you play Over the Edge? For the first time, the surreal undercurrents of fiction, cinema, and television have come to roleplaying, and Over the Edge is the game that can take you where you've never been before.
Over the Edge Features:
* Freeform Character Creation: Define your character the way you want to, without the limits of skill lists, random rolls, and artificial limitations. The rules favor character development over mechanics.
* Open Setting: Anything goes on the chaotic island of Al Amarja. If it troubles your dreams, if it scares you, if you hope it isn't true, it's waiting for you Over the Edge. Players can never be sure what they're up against, who is on their side, and why.
* Focus on the Story: Easy, open-ended mechanics allow you to spend more time developing your character and your plots, instead of crunching numbers. The GM's chapters include numerous story ideas and plenty advice for better gamemastering.
* Easy To Get Started: Three beginning adventures introduce the GM and players to the wild world of Al Amarja and make the first sessions easy to run.
* New in the Second Edition: the mother of all charts on what each Al Amarjan conspiracy thinks of all the other ones; updated references include all published supplements; improved layout and graphic appearance.
Authors: Jonathan Tweet with Robin D. Laws
Cover: C. Brent Ferguson
Stock Number: AG2002 | ISBN: 1-887801-52-9 | MSRP: $29.95 US
Format: 241 pages, PDF
Release Date: 1997