As Microsoft’s bestselling database manager, SQL Server is highly flexible
and customizable, and has excellent support—the 2008 version offers several
significant new capabilities. This book offers accurate and expert coverage
on the updates to SQL Server 2008 such as its enhanced security; the ability
to encrypt an entire database, data files, and log files without the need
for application changes; a scalable infrastructure that can manage reports
and analysis of any size and complexity; and its extensive performance data
Table Of Contents:
1. Overview of Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
2. Understanding SQL Server Architecture.
3. Databases, Files, and Resource Management.
4. Tables and CRUD Operations.
5. Procedural programming.
6. Managing Data Integrity.
7. SQL Server and XML.
8. Managing User Security.
9. Data Recovery.
10. Monitoring SQL Server Activity.
11. Using the SQL Server Agent Service.
12. Data Availability and Distribution.
13. SQL Server Data Security.
14. Indexing Strategies for Query Optimization.
15. Transactions and Locking Strategies.
16. Using Resource Governor and Policy-Based Management.
17. SQL Server and the .NET Client.
18. Leveraging the SQL Server .NET CLR.
19. Using Spatial Data.
20. Service Oriented Architecture and the Service Broker.
21. Full Text Search Services.