HVAC Equations, Data, and Rules of Thumb, 2nd Ed.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional | Pages: 790 | 2007-09-26| ISBN 0071482423 | PDF
The Latest Information and “Tricks of the Trade” for Achieving First-Rate HVAC Designs on Any Construction Job!
HVAC Equations, Data, and Rules of Thumb presents a wealth of state-of-the-art HVAC design information and guidance, ranging from air distribution to piping systems to plant equipment. This popular reference has now been fully updated to reflect the construction industry's new single body of codes and standards.
Featuring an outline format for ease of use, the Second Edition of this all-in-one sourcebook contains:
* Updated HVAC codes and standards, including the 2006 International Building Code
* Over 200 equations for everything from ductwork to air-handling systems
* ASME and ASHRAE code specifications
* Over 350 rules of thumb for cooling, heating, ventilation, and more
* New material including: coverage of the new single body of construction codes now used throughout the country
Inside This Updated HVAC Design Guide
• Definitions • Equations • Rules of Thumb for Cooling, Heating, Infiltration, Ventilation, Humidification, People/Occupancy, Lighting, and Appliance/Equipment • Cooling Load Factors • Heating Load Factors • Design Conditions and Energy Conservation • HVAC System Selection Criteria • Air Distribution Systems • Piping Systems (General, Hydronic, Glycol, Steam, Steam Condensate, AC Condensate, Refrigerant) • Central Plant Equipment (Air-Handling Units, Chillers, Boilers, Cooling Towers, Heat Exchangers) • Auxiliary Equipment (Fans, Pumps, Motors, Controllers, Variable-Frequency Drives, Filters, Insulation, Fire Stopping) • Automatic Controls/Building Automation Systems • Equipment Schedules • Equipment Manufacturers • Building Construction Business Fundamentals • Architectural, Structural, and Electrical Information • Conversion Factors • Properties of Air and Water • Designer's Checklist • Professional Societies and Trade Organizations • References and Design Manuals • Cleanroom Criteria and Standards