Mayhem-A Bloodsword and a Colder Sun.mp3 5.71 MB
0999. ZS - Karate.wma 8.65 MB
1000. Cephalic Carnage - Gracias.mp3 6.91 MB
0998. Demons & Wizards - Winter of Souls.mp3 7.89 MB
0996. Motörhead-Ace of Spades.mp3 3.87 MB
0997. Suicidal Tendencies-Human Guinea Pig.mp3 2.87 MB
0994. Cheap Trick - That 70's Song [Based on 'In the Street'].mp3 6.53 MB
0995. Naglfar-The Eclipse of Infernal Storms.mp3 5.92 MB
0992. Faxed Head - Chiropractic.mp3 3.84 MB
0993. Annihilator - I Am In Command.mp3 8.20 MB
0991. Cannibal Corpse - Dead Human Collection.mp3 3.48 MB
0989. Death Angel - 5 Steps Of Freedom.mp3 6.55 MB
0990. In Flames -Subterranean.mp3 7.94 MB
0986. Becoming The Archetype - Second Death.mp3 13.86 MB
0987. Entombed-Rotten Soil.mp3 4.68 MB
0985. Hughes Turner-You Can't Stop Rock & Roll.mp3 6.52 MB
0983. Extol-26 Miles from Marathon.mp3 5.83 MB
0984. Heathen-Opiate of the Masses.mp3 10.72 MB
0982. Anathema-Release.mp3 7.94 MB
0980. Type O Negative - My Girlfriend's Girlfriend.mp3 5.19 MB
0981. Deicide - Scars of the Crucifix.mp3 4.31 MB
0979. Amorphis-Against Widows.mp3 5.63 MB
0978. Control Human Delete - Operation Genesis Reprise.mp3 11.26 MB
0976. Genesis-Can-Utility and the Coastliners.mp3 7.90 MB
0977. King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man (Including Mirrors).wma 10.22 MB
0974. Mekong Delta-Gnomus.mp3 3.75 MB
0975. Winger - Hungry.mp3 5.46 MB
0971. Anthrax-Invisible.mp3 8.46 MB
0972. Bruford - Five G.wma 6.62 MB
0973. Pitchshifter - 2nd Hand.mp3 8.07 MB
0970. Aerosmith-Shut up and Dance.mp3 6.76 MB
0967. Into Eternity - Diagnosis Terminal.mp3 8.14 MB
0968. Kaipa-The Name Belongs to You.mp3 18.89 MB
0965. Frank Zappa-RDNZL.mp3 10.94 MB
0966. Front Line Assembly - Paralysis.mp3 7.13 MB
0963. Nelson - After The Rain.mp3 6.49 MB
0964. Keep Of Kalessin - The Rising Sign.mp3 11.81 MB
0962. Therapy--Die Laughing.mp3 3.85 MB
0961. Return to Forever-Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant, Pts. 1 & 2.mp3 15.71 MB
0959. The Ramones - Needles & Pins (Early Version).mp3 3.30 MB
0960. The Dillinger Escape Plan - Sandbox Magician.mp3 2.32 MB
0957. Meking Delta - Night on a bare mountain.mp3 19.02 MB
0955. Trauma - Imperfect Like A God.mp3 5.36 MB
0956. Naked City-Slaughterhouse-Chase Sequence.mp3 3.19 MB
0954. Ava Inferi-The Dual Keys.mp3 9.91 MB
0952. Redemption-Fall on You.mp3 12.90 MB
0953. Proto-Kaw-Quantum Leapfrog.mp3 7.87 MB
0951. Aborted - Pestiferous Subterfuge.mp3 7.43 MB
0948. Magellan - Counterpoints.MP3 8.24 MB
0949. Faith No More - Crack Hitler.mp3 4.27 MB
0950. Hamadryad-Amora Demonis.mp3 9.67 MB
0946. Circle of Soul - One Man's Poison.wma 3.35 MB
0947. Lacuna Coil-Heaven's a Lie.mp3 6.54 MB
0943. Testament-Practice What You Preach.mp3 6.75 MB
0944. Rush - Tom Sawyer.mp3 4.19 MB
0945. At the Gates - The Red in the Sky Is Ours-The Season to Come.mp3 6.45 MB
0941. Life of Agony-Lost at 22.mp3 5.04 MB
0942. Labyrinth - Freeman.mp3 5.85 MB
0938. Crimson Glory - Edge Of Forever.mp3 13.26 MB
0939. Dead Soul Tribe - Why.mp3 10.11 MB
0940. Bal-Sagoth - Callisto Rising.mp3 6.22 MB
0936. Steve Morse Band - Brave New World.wma 6.06 MB
0937. Hourglass -The Hammer's Strike.mp3 40.18 MB
0932. Iced Earth - Hold at All Cost.mp3 17.27 MB
0933. Iced Earth - The Devil to Pay.mp3 16.76 MB
0934. Iced Earth - High Water Mark.mp3 9.74 MB
0930. Europe - Dreamer.mp3 5.94 MB
0931. Psycroptic - Skin Coffin.wma 5.55 MB
0928. Def Leppard - Photograph.mp3 5.68 MB
0929. Natron - Cozmic Autopsies.wma 6.06 MB
0927. Aleph-Mother of All Nightmares.mp3 14.99 MB
0925. Shawn Lane - Kaiser Nancarrow.mp3 6.48 MB
0926. Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe-Order of the Universe- Order Theme-Rock Gives Courage-It's So Hard to G.mp3 12.40 MB
0923. Allan Holdsworth - Above and Below.wma 8.23 MB
0924. Ram-Zet-Enchanted.mp3 9.72 MB
0921. Vesania-The Dawnfall (Hamartia and Hybris).mp3 6.79 MB
0922. Sepultura-Territory.mp3 6.57 MB
0919. Spock's Beard- The Light.mp3 25.91 MB
0920. Great White-Step on You.mp3 8.03 MB
0917. David Lee Roth-It's Showtime!.mp3 5.23 MB
0918. Enslaved - Blodhemn.mp3 9.01 MB
0916. Kamelot-Memento Mori.mp3 12.12 MB
0914. Nevermore -No More Will.mp3 7.91 MB
0915. Isildurs Bane - The Adventure of the Whirling Delerium.mp3 13.77 MB
0912. Mahavishnu Orchestra - Trilogy The Sunlit Path La Mere de la Mer Tommorow's Stor.wma 13.19 MB
0913. Nasum - Wrath.wma 3.13 MB
0910. Jorn - Out To Every Nation.mp3 7.77 MB
0911. Krisiun - Bloodcraft.mp3 9.92 MB
0908. Diamond Head - Run.wma 3.29 MB
0909. Bodycount - Ice-T-Freedom of Speech.wma 6.48 MB
0907. Al di Meola-Alien Chase on Arabian Desert.mp3 12.32 MB
0905. Trans Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve Sarajevo.mp3 3.00 MB
0906. Carcass-Embryonic Necropsy and Devourment.mp3 7.17 MB
0904. Firehouse-Reach for the Sky.mp3 6.57 MB
0902. Gorgasm - Stitched Oral Asphyxia.mp3 4.47 MB
0903. Jan Cyrka - In Search Of Common Ground.wma 6.60 MB
0901. Skid Row - Wasted Time.wma 8.02 MB
METAL TOP 1000.
As we can see on Pirate Bay, there’s some TOP 500 of this or TOP 1000 of that, but there’s no METAL TOP. Probably because metal is too rich to get included in that sort of thing.
Thus I decided to make mine and to offer it to you. Of course, so as to capture the richness and diversity of metal, I can’t do anything but a TOP 1000. As the definitive files are 8.5 Gb, I decided to cut the torrent into 10 pieces of less than 1 Gb, that I think is easier to download, and this way you don’t have to wait 3 days of dling to get something.
This series of torrents is – you get me- a declaration of love and 15 years of lovable hearing to it. We’re ok, if top 101 to 1000 just serve the variety of it, the most important and definitive metal is the top 100, which I will post the last. So I will post the files in the inverse order. As soon as I see the torrent quite seeded (I guess around 10 seeds) I post the next one until the heart and the top of it : the top 100.
So, for now, it’s useless to get into the type of judgment that follows :
1. that track should be in that place and not this one ;
2. that track of Metallica’s better than this one ;
3. Megadeth’s much better than Metallica or “Peace sells” better than “Rust In Peace”
4. The grind genre is not enough represented ;
5. Or that track is better than the (so-called) single...
There’s time for everything.
Remember the principles I had in mind :
1. A track represents an album. Sometimes, I put 2 tracks of an album, if it’s A killer.
2. Sometimes, I just included one track because it’s THE track, though I don’t like the band more than that. Exemple : “Jump” Van Halen.
3. All my choices are from a musical point of view. You’ll get and see that especially in the top 100.
4. The Prog genre will be more represented than the rest. For that reason, i’ll quite often choose the longest track in an album. For 2 reasons : it’s very often the very best (exemple : Redemption or DT), and I get (and you by extension) the maximum of it with a tune that is 15’ minutes long out of a 45’ album (exemple Zero Hour, one of my fave). The biais is for death metal, where the shortest ones are quite often the most brutal.
5. Of course, more than 20 % of it reflet my personal taste. Well, if you don’t like Skyclad, it’s useless to say it, I don’t care.
6. Some genres are underrated on this TOP 1000 (if it should represents the global sales of metal throughout the world) : Neo-metal, Power-Heavy and Breast-Metal (sic). Concerning Power-heavy, the reason is musical, since Iron Maiden, there’s obviously very few “musical updates” or innovation. I saw one with the very first Rhapsody album (one remembers when it came out ?), but since, almost nothing, sorry for the fans of Hammerfall (remember the first one which I got in pict LP) or anything else. For Neo-metal (which sold the more in recent years), if I like KoRn some time to time, I get bored with the others very soon (to say the least). And for Breast-Metal, it’s simple: that TOP 1000 is about music, and not pre-adolescent frustrations and fantasies, although I got Nightwish and Within T. represented. Yet, I’m like anybody else, Sharon is so a diva... (wrong on stage, but so beautiful... You see it’s no music!).
7. The point is nonetheless to be representative of the history throughout the years and to get you discover some things, in a range from FM to very brutal (and tech.) death metal.
8. I can’t get all the band in my top. I take an exemple, the last The Faceless album. Although it’s very good, I have to make a choice. Tech. Brutal death is nowadays an (almost) major genre in the undergroundingscene. A great number of band are performing huge quality brutal death. You simply got to make a choice then. So I picked up another one at the time I get it done. So if you got some band in mind (maybe that I don’t know and, as I listen to every style, don’t tell me who I am if I don’t know the band of the little brother of Mustis when he was 17, who recorded a muthafucking demo on tape, on which there’s that very track in atmo. Black metal that re-defined the genre ? – are you serious ?), keep quiet, and look if that kind of music is not somewhere else in the METAL TOP 1000.
9. Some tracks have nothing to see with metal (jazzy and jazz-rock). Well, they please me, that’s all, and I’d be happy if you discover them, and are willing to enlarge your musical tastes and experiences. But be confident, almost everything – let’s say from 1 to 799 – is a killer... And even after n°1000. Let’s say from 1001 to 1100 where I can put rarities, forgotten and recent ones.
Finally, most of it all is mp3 from 128 to192. but some time it’s wma 128 to 192 (when I made it quicker and picked in my collection). Because I had it done previously, i did not recompress it... But most of it is mp3. I tried to update it with some last issues. By exemple, the last “Crack The Sky” by Mastodon. Certainly a TOP 3 in 2009. Buy it.
I repeat, this torrent is to make you discover some bands, to get you support them by buying what is worth buying. It’s sure that this selection (TOP 1000) will perfectly fit me, but I think it should fit 80 % of you, if you are neutral or objective. Discussion open for musical debate when the TOP 1-100 will be there.
PS : I’m trying to make it work and seed properly. Patience is a piece of art.
And now... Get it loud ! And Seed as long as you can !
metal, death, top 1000, hard-rock, best music, selection, everything reunited, black metal, power metal, progressive rock, progressive metal, progressive
METAL TOP 1000 PART 901-1000
The bottom of the list, but no useless or uninteresting tracks here. Just great tunes. I topped that list with a great power ballad that had its time long ago. S. Bach was a great heavy metal singer with that glam attitude that is part of the story. In doing my list, I realized that there wasn’t much of extreme tracks, but when I look at my CD collection, I maybe think that it’s finally quite proportional. One thing is certain, there is more variety of music in the prog genre, that in the death or extreme scene. But if we think ‘bout it, is there so much variety in jazz rock ? The di meola track in n°907 is a great track nonetheless, a track that every amateur of extreme should like, because it’s just great music. And that’s worth for everything, from huge prog rock parts, to extreme blasts, to simply great songs as the Diamond Head one on n°908. The only idea that you’ve got to have in mind when looking at the ten parts is : is that section of 100 tunes better in GLOBALITY than the next one ?
Look at n°1000, it’s a very special track for a special band.