Back to the early 80?s, the Prophet 5 and Oberheim OB series dominated
the polyphonic synthesizer market. Having that in mind the Jupiter-8?s
success, initiated in 1981, took every one by storm.
But what made the Jupiter-8 so successful? Well, in terms of sonic
possibilities, it complemented its competition by bringing something
different. The Jupiter-8 was capable of creating very versatile sounds.
You could easily make 'fat' or ?Crystal? sounds with it. In fact, the
Jupiter-8 sounded the way it looked, ?sleek and polished?.
The electro-pop community became quickly convinced by the qualities of
the Jupiter-8.'Relax', by Frankie Goes to Hollywood was produced
incorporating a Jupiter 8, and players such as Vince Clarke, John Foxx,
and Martyn Ware were also using it. The path to classic status of the
Jupiter started there. Other artists that have used The Jupiter-8
include Tangerine Dream, Underworld, Jean Michel Jarre, Depeche Mode,
Prince, Gary Wright, Adrian Lee, Heaven 17, Kitaro, Elvis Costello,
Tears for Fears, Huey Lewis and the News, Journey, Devo,Freddy Fresh,
Simple Minds, Jan Hammer and BT.
The Jupiter-8V is the newest addition to the family Arturia?s analog synthesizer recreations. Offering the unique sound palette of the Roland Jupiter 8, this virtual version is a sound designer?s dream.
Based on the latest version of TAE?, the Jupiter-8V also offers a host of modern features: an advanced step sequencer, a new line of dynamic effects, a module combining LFO?s (called Galaxy), and lots more?
* More than 400 high quality and innovative sounding presets
* Up to 32 voices of polyphony, and a Unison mode
* A unique audio structure featuring 2 oscillators per voice (16 oscillators in total), 2 LFO?s, 2 filters and 2 envelopes.
* Keyboard split and layer
* A set of Analog Sounding Effects: Dual Delay, Phaser, Flanger, all three being largely modulable by any audio source in the synth.
* 2 digital effects, X and Y.
* Additional Live-oriented Step-sequencer, additional Galaxy module for advanced modulations
* Set to Control with your external MIDI keyboard in just a few clicks.
* Full compatibility with major formats and hosts on Mac OS X and Windows XP (VST, AU, RTAS)