“Love Letters From Ella,” a collection of never-before-released love songs. Recorded with some of her favorite collaborators, including Count Basie and his Orchestra, Joe Pass, and André Previn, “Love Letters From Ella” also pairs the singer with The London Symphony Orchestra for the first time.
The magical 10-track CD, mixed in high-definition audio, includes Ella and Basie swinging “Please Don’t Talk About Me When I’m Gone,” an intimate duet between Joe Pass and Fitzgerald on “The One I Love” and a playful performance of “Our Love is Here to Stay” with pianist André Previn. “Love Letters From Ella” also features the celebrated singer accompanied by The London Symphony Orchestra on a stirring rendition of “Cry Me a River.” The London Symphony Orchestra recorded the accompaniment, arranged by 24-time GRAMMY® Award-nominee Jorge Calandrelli, at Abbey Road studios in London.
1. “Please Don’t Talk About Me When I’m Gone” (w/ Count Basie and his Orchestra)
2. “Cry Me a River” (w/ London Symphony Orchestra)
3. “You Turned the Tables on Me”
4. “I’ve Got the World on a String” (w/ London Symphony Orchestra and Joe Pass)
6. “My Old Flame” (w/ London Symphony Orchestra)
7. “The One I Love” (w/ Joe Pass)
8. “Take Love Easy” (w/ London Symphony Orchestra and Joe Pass)
9. “Our Love is Here to Stay” (w/ André Previn)
10. “Some Other Spring” (w/ Count Basie and his Orchestra)