One of the best iPhone applications:
- Gizmodo’s 20 Essential iPhone Apps
- TechCrunch’s Top 10 Apps
- PCMag’s 21 Cool iPhone Apps
- MacWorld: “Best music-streaming app” and one of “Our Favorite iPhone Apps”
just got better. New, Simplify Music 2 adds:
- Search: Search by artist, album and title across all connected computers as though it’s one giant library
- Favorites: Tag favorite music on the fly from personal libraries, or those of friends
- Playlists: Create an on-the-fly playlist for later enjoyment right on your phone or touch
- Seek: Use the “scrub bar” to easily move forward or back in a streamed podcast or audio book
- Resume: Choose to pick up where you left off if you quit the application while listening
- Demo: a test connection for new users and anyone with problems (off by default)
MacWorld says "We were fans of the first version of Simplify Media’s iPhone client, which allows you to stream music from your computers or those of your friends to your iPhone or iPod touch, so we welcome with open arms (and ears) the news that Simplify Media on Wednesday released Simplify Music 2.0"
CNET writes "Version 2.0 adds some nifty amenities, including a search function (something the iPhone itself doesn’t have–yet), an add-to-favorites option for building an on-the-fly playlist, and a “scrub bar” for easy backward/forward scanning."
CNNMoney.com concludes "The software has always worked well for me: even on AT&T’s (T) EDGE network. … if you like what you see in the new release, I wouldn’t wait to purchase it. I hear that on May 14, the price is going up to $5.99"
Access your home computer’s digital music library on your iPhone or iPod touch, anytime and anywhere with Simplify Media. This app will also enable you to stream music from up to 30 of your friends’ music collections, while viewing artist bios too.
In three easy steps, Simplify Media connects people directly with their content.
1. Download the application from the App Store.
2. Create an account and install Simplify Media on a Mac, PC or Linux
3. On your computer, remote music appears right within iTunes
- Works over WiFi and EDGE/3G
- Easy setup; no router configuration
- View artist bios
- Navigate by artist, album and genre
- Scrobble songs played to your last.fm profile
- Works with MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC and Apple Lossless files
- iTunes-purchased DRM tracks can’t be played on the iPhone and iPod touch
- LyricWiki lyrics are no longer available. We are researching alternatives
"Simplify Media 2 is a must have app for the iPhone. It is improving on the already proven formula of its predecessor while staying true to what makes it awesome. Check it out."
"I just drove down to Hayward, 45 miles from my house near San Francisco... I got a consistent, high-quality stream the whole way there and back—maybe two drops, each for a couple of seconds."
"We covered Simplify Media’s original iPhone / iPod touch App back in August of ‘08 and came away impressed by its ability to stream music from your home Windows / Mac / Linux computer remotely — including music libraries from up to 30 of your friends. Now the developers of Simplify Music have added additional features like UPnP support, FLAC, and favorite tagging across your network that make the $5.99 app worth every penny"
simplifymedia, simplifymusic New in this version
Bug fix Languages
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch
Requires iPhone OS 2.2.1 or later