Keith Masters - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - Backwoodz Studioz
Okay, so it's not the 70's...but Keith Masters IS the future of disco. Keith is building a reputation as a buzz worthy hip-hop artist; think Lupe Fiasco meets Spank Rock. He is currently dropping his intelligent lyricism over the danceable, bass-heavy tracks of his upcoming release, "Discotheque". This multi-track release arrives in March of 2009 and is sure to take the club scene to new heights of awesome.
Over his seven years as an underground artist, he has proven that he is unwilling to forfeit creativity for fame. His first stage appearance was at the age of 18 in New York City. During this time he focused on earning a college degree while breaking into the hip-hop scene through his performances and recordings with established names in the industry. After co-creating his first group, Rec Circle, he disbanded and joined forces with NYC underground super group, The Reavers. This provided the groundwork necessary for him to open for such acts as Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique, GZA, and Wu Tang Clan. He continued to build momentum into the summer of 2007, when he recorded two tracks for Cappie Pondexter of the WNBA (www.cappiepondexter.com) and The Phoenix Mercury, which were played during the year at all home games in the US Airways Center.
After time well spent on the east coast, Keith made the journey back home to Chicago to continue his work and build on a strong foundation in the heart of the Midwest. It was in Chicago that Keith coined the phrase Electro-Magic when speaking about his style. A growing fan base of young intelligent listeners, combined with his resume, create a platform that helps his music reach new heights. Keith Masters’ insightful and clever lyricism glaze over futuristic, synth-guided compositions and stand out as selling points for any fan of Electro and Hip-Hop music.
• Opened for Wu-Tang Clan
• Opened for The Gza of Wu-Tang Clan and Killah Priest
• Performed with Lady Sovereign
• Toured with Immortal Technique and AKIR of Babygrande Records
• Opened for Aesop Rock, R.A. The Rugged Man, and Tame-One
• Opened For S.A. Smash, Camu Tao and Metro of Def Jux
• House of Blues Chicago
• Knitting Factory
• 2008- Recorded "If You Noticed" for Black Youth Vote!
• 2007- "Masters, of the Universe", featuring production by AKIR, Belief, Bond, and Circa '94
• 2007- Recorded "CP23" for Cappie Pondexter (WNBA)
• 2007- Recorded "Showtime" for Phoenix Mercury (WNBA)
• 2005- "Bioluminescence", first solo album, featuring production by The Graduate and Bond with appearances by Vordul Mega of Cannibal Ox
• 2005- Released a full-length CD, "Terror Firma", as a member of The Reavers through Backwoodz Studioz/Nature Sounds
QUOTE Keith Masters MYSPACE page 2009 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just passing it along, i think it's a lot of fun. Peace! MR.GRIM