1. (00:04:23) White Sister - Don't Say Your Mine
2. (00:04:44) White Sister - Straight From The Heart
3. (00:03:55) White Sister - Love Don't Make It Right
4. (00:04:05) White Sister - Breakin' All The Rules
5. (00:04:49) White Sister - Whips
6. (00:04:11) White Sister - Can't Say No
7. (00:04:17) White Sister - Promises
8. (00:04:11) White Sister - Walk Away
9. (00:03:10) White Sister - One More Night
10. (00:03:09) White Sister - Just For You
Playing Time.........: 00:40:55
Total Size...........: 93.66 MB
NFO generated on.....: 12/2/2008 6:59:37 AM
During the heyday of early 80's "Hollywood Hair Metal", there was a core
group of bands destined to become the next big rock and roll heavyweights.
M tley Crⁿe, Ratt, and Great White, you probably already are familiar with...
but there was another group. One that some of these bands even opened
for a few times.
That group was...
Internal problems and fate would eventually tear the band
apart shortly after they were signed by EMI America. Despite it all, White
Sister managed to attain a legendary cult status
that has not faded to this day.
What did Sounds Magazine say about this band back in 1984? .. 'a band that
looks like Angel and sounds like Journey ..majestic keyboards and heavy
guitar .. dynamic melodic metal but with some sinew and muscle'.
In true typical LA fashion, White Sister did the local gigs, changed their name
a few times, developed a following, got some material together and got a
deal. Big time deal too, with Gregg Giuffria doing production and EMI America
doing the honourable deed and initally giving them license to release their self
What we get is heavy melodic pomp rock at it's finest. Gregg Guiffria has
given this album a fairly tight and compressed mix, especially the rhythm
section, which gives the guitars and keyboards ample space to breathe. The
vocals are shared between Churchill-Dries and Brandon, and both are great
on the respective songs they sing.
Rick Chadock's guitar is like a chainsaw at times, cutting through songs with
those chugga chugga riffs.