Nero 8 Ultra Edition, the newest version of the world?s best-selling multimedia suite, brings the digital world to your PC. Now it?s easy to organize and manage all your multimedia files, as well as create and edit new digital content. Nero?s sleek design and user-friendly tools make completing projects fun and enjoyable.
NEW User-friendly and intuitive interface
NEW One-click Rip, Burn and Copy functions
NEW Easy export and share to YouTube?, MySpace½ and My Nero
High Definition format support
Stream to Xbox 360? and PlayStation½ 3
Backup files to CDs, DVDs, HD DVDs, and
Optimized for Windows Vista½
Continual free updates and so much more!
Nero StartSmart makes creating projects fun and simple
[FONT=\"Arial\"]Nero StartSmart, the project launcher for Nero 8 Ultra Edition, lets you directly access features and perform one-click functions. The intuitive interface makes creating and managing digital projects easy and enjoyable. Optimized for use with Windows Vista½, Nero StartSmart even has an integrated newsfeed system.[/FONT]
Nero 8 Ultra Edition is the solution for your multimedia projects
[FONT=\"Arial\"]Nero 8 Ultra Edition has the tools to help you handle all your multimedia projects. Whether you plan to create a music mix with MP3 files, edit vacation videos, touch up digital photos, make a slide show, or convert content to play on a mobile device, your results will be professional and dynamic.[/FONT]
Nero 8 Ultra Edition takes home entertainment around the house
Organize and manage all your multimedia files with Nero?s home media center. Nero 8 Ultra Edition lets you use your Xbox 360? or PlayStation½ 3 to stream High Definition video content and surround sound audio files to enjoy in the comfort of any room in your house.
Nero 8 Ultra Edition offers increased data security
No more worries over losing data! Nero 8 Ultra Edition has back up features that let you rest easy knowing your data is safe in case of a complete system crash or a damaged disc. Recover your data quickly and easily and create discs that are password protected. Secure Disc technology gives you peace of mind.
Create and Edit
Your last vacation, your brother?s wedding, your daughter?s graduation ? do you record every memorable moment on video? Now get more from your camcorder recordings. With Nero 8 Ultra Edition you can easily edit High Definition content in AVCHD format with professional results. Insert chapters and menus, and even enhance videos and slide shows with background music. Enjoy your favorite TV shows without interruption simply by editing out the commercial breaks.
Are you a music lover and want to keep your favorite songs close at hand? Convert your music collection to MP3 format and experience listening pleasure at home and on the go. Impress your friends at your next party by mixing and editing your favorite songs with professional effects and tools. With Nero 8 Ultra Edition, you get crystal-clear audio for your video files and up to 7.1 surround sound.
Do you have hundreds or even thousands of digital photos saved on your hard drive? Give your pictures a touch-up with tools that let you make improvements, add visual effects, and much more. Surprise your kids by presenting a family slide show on your television set! No more searching through tons of files for the images you want. With Nero 8 Ultra Edition, it?s easy to organize your photos!
Convert and Share
Do you have High Definition video content but no blue laser burner? Convert HD content easily into AVCHD format, and compress content without losing quality. Your HD content can then be burned to a normal DVD and played on a Blu-ray Disc player or PlayStation½ 3 for the ultimate blue laser experience.
Want to bring your video content along with you? With Nero 8 Ultra Edition, you can simply convert DVD content to play back on an iPod½ or PSP?. Use the world?s fastest MPEG-4 encoder to compress DVD content while maintaining optimal quality, then burn to a CD or save to a USB stick, Flash memory, or an SD card.
Nero 8 Ultra Edition offers unlimited MP3 support. Convert your audio files to MP3, the world?s most popular audio format, and enjoy your favorite songs at home or on the go.
Share the latest news of your life with friends right over the Internet! Post your best videos and photos with easy upload to online communities like My Nero, YouTube? and MySpace½
Turn your living room into a real media center and experience home entertainment like never before! Stream live TV to an Xbox 360? or PlayStation½ 3. Connect your game consoles to a TV and enjoy your favorite shows in any room in the house!
Don?t miss another episode of your favorite series! Use your PC to record all your favorite shows. The EPG support in Nero 8 Ultra Edition makes selecting and recording broadcasts easy! Even if the phone rings while you?re watching TV, with the Time Shift feature you can take your phone call, and then resume watching your show exactly where you left off!
No more wasted time changing CDs at your next party. With Nero 8 Ultra Edition, you can create playlists and stream music from your PC to your stereo for uninterrupted tunes all night long!
Rip and Burn
Rip and Burn
Born2Burn?? Rip audio CDs and non-copy-protected DVDs quickly and easily with the world?s leading burning engine. Burn audio files or data to CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, or HD DVD. Want to burn movies to DVD? With DVD-R Dual Layer and DVD+R Double Layer support, you?ll get more data on a disc than ever before!
Nero DiscCopy Gadget
The Nero DiscCopy Gadget is optimized for use with Windows Vista½ and lets you copy a disc with just one click from the Vista½ Sidebar!
With Nero 8 Ultra Edition and a SecurDisc-compatible drive, you can burn CDs and DVDs with password protection against unauthorized access, or add a digital signature to ensure that your sensitive data remains unchanged. SecurDisc increases the readability of data even on damaged discs, and also lets you know when a disc is nearing decay, so you have time to save the data to another disc. The SecurDisc Copy Protection feature prevents unauthorized duplication of confidential PDF documents.
No more worries over lost data! With SecurDisc technology, you can back up files, drives, and entire systems to internal or external hard drives. For maximum protection, create a bootable CD to recover an entire system after a crash. Need to access your data even when you?re on a business trip? Create backups over the Internet to an FTP server and access important data from anywhere you go! Plan automatic backups to regularly secure your data and receive e-mails confirming your backup.
With the SecurDisc technology within Nero 8 Ultra Edition, you can ensure increased readability of your data even on a damaged disc. In addition, the early warning system in SecurDisc examines CDs and DVDs to determine if an aging disc is in danger of decay, so you have time to back up the data on another disc.
Nero StartSmart 8 One-Click Project Launcher
Nero BackItUp 3 Complete Backup Solution
Nero Burning ROM 8 Expert CD and DVD Burning
Nero BurnRights Easily Deployable Burning Rights
Nero ControlCenter Simplified Customization and Configuration
General System Requirements
* Windows½ 2000 (SP4 or later), Windows½ XP (SP1 or later), Windows½ Server? 2003 (SP1 or later), Windows½ XP Media Center Edition, Windows Vista½
Gadgets are not available for Windows Vista½ x64
Nero ImageDrive currently supports Windows½ 2000 and Windows½ XP (32 Bit only)
* Windows½ XP Professional x64, Windows½ Vista½ x64 (all applications except InCD, and Nero Scout work in the x86 emulator, which allows 32-bit applications to run)
* DirectX 9.0c or better
* Windows½ Internet Explorer½ 6.0 or higher
* 1 GHz Intel½ Pentium½ III processor, AMD Sempron? 2200+ or equivalent
* Minimum 256 MB RAM (for Windows Vista½ minimum 512 MB RAM)
* 1.2 GB hard drive space for standard installation of all components
* Up to 9 GB available drive space for DVD images and temporary DVD files
* Graphics card with at least 32 MB video memory and a minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings. However, we recommend 24-bit or 32-bit for true color.
* CD and/or DVD/DVD-RAM recorder
* Installation of the latest WHQL (Microsoft½ Windows½ Hardware Quality Labs) certified device driver strongly recommended
* Internet connection with DSL 1000 speed or higher for the registration and the update of the Nero 8 help files and other functions. It is also required for the activation of the complete functional range (DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and AVC), which will be required 30 days after installation. This activation is free of charge. The costs for the Internet connection are carried by the user.
* To install Nero 8 you must have administrative rights for all operating systems higher than Windows½ 2000.
* For capturing and burning in real time: at least 1.6 GHz Intel½ Pentium½ 4 processor or AMD Sempron? 2600+
* At least 1.4 GHz Intel½ Pentium½ processor with 256 RAM for TV recording and DVD video editing
* Drive with SecurDisc? support
* 16-bit Windows½ compatible sound devices and speakers
Specific Requirements for Each Application
* DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in, DVD-Video Plug-in, and/or Multichannel Plug-in* for DVD playback
* Graphics card with hardware overlay support
* TV tuner or video capture card for analog or digital (DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) recording, compatible with the BDA (Broadcast Driver Architecture) driver standard. Nero Home does not support video recording via FireWire½ (OHCI 1394).
* List of compatible devices.
* DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in or DVD-Video Plug-in and/or Multichannel Plug-in* for DVD functions and encoding in Dolby½ Digital 2-channel
* For EPG support an XML file is needed from a third party
* Analog or digital TV card (analog, DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) to the BDA driver standard
* Certified UPnP? devices for streaming with the Nero MediaHome server (you will find a list of the certified UPnP? devices at http://www.upnp-ic.org/certification/default.asp#devices)
* FireWire½ (IEEE 1394) Controller for DV capturing
* USB recording device (web cam)
* Analog or digital TV card (analog, DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) according to the BDA driver standard
* DirectShow compatible video capture card (optional)
* Graphics card with 3D accelerator and at least 64 MB video memory for Smart3D templates
* Blu-ray/HD DVD Video-Plug-in for playing Blu-ray and/or HD DVD media
Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, Nero BackItUp
* LightScribe½ capable recorder (LightScribe½ host software must be installed) and LightScribe½ capable disc
* LabelFlash? capable recorder and LabelFlash? capable disc
* Blu-ray recorder and disc
* HD DVD recorder and HD DVD
* SecurDisc? capable drive (only Nero Express)
* DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in, or DVD-Video Plug-in, and/or Multichannel Plug-in* for DVD video recording and the \"DVD-9-to-5\" function.
* Multi-core processor
* LightScribe½ recorder (LightScribe½ host software must be installed) and LightScribe½ disc
* LabelFlash? recorder and LabelFlash? disc
InCD, InCD Reader
* SecurDisc? capable drive to remove duplication protection from SecurDisc? discs
* SecurDisc? capable drive with SecurDisc? protected disc
MCE Plug-ins (Nero Burn? and Nero Burn Settings, Nero MediaStreaming?)
* Windows Vista½ Home Premium or Windows Vista½ Ultimate with Media Center or Windows½ XP Media Center Edition 2005 Rollup 2
* At least 1.6 GHz or equivalent processor, 256 MB RAM
* Graphics card with overlay support, at least 8 MB video memory and a minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings. However, 24-bit or 32-bit true color is recommended
* Nero MediaHome 2.0 must be installed on the server (when using the Nero Media-Streaming MCE Plug-in)
Mini Application Nero DiscCopy
* Windows Vista½
Additional System Requirements for Blu-ray disc and HD DVD
* Blu-ray Disc or HD DVD capable drive with recorder function for data, audio and video
* Windows½ XP (SP2 or later), Windows½ Server? 2003 (SP1 or later), Windows½ XP Media Center Edition 2005 or later, Windows Vista½
* 2 GHz Intel½ Pentium½ IV processor, AMD Sempron? 3000+ or faster
* Minimum 512 MB RAM
* Windows½ Internet Explorer½ 6.0 or higher
* DirectX 9.0c (October 10, 2006) or higher
Additional Requirements for Playing Protected High-Resolution Content
* One of the following processors with at least the specified clock speed: AMD Athlon 64 FX 2.6 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.2 GHz, AMD Turion 64 X2 2 GHz, Intel½ CoreDuo 2 GHz, Intel½ Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz, Intel½ Pentium½ Extreme Edition 3.2 GHz, Intel½ Pentium½ D 3.4 GHz
* Minimum 1 GB RAM
* Up to 50 GB free hard drive space for Blu-ray Disc BD-R/RE dual layer disc images
* Up to 30 GB free drive space for HD DVD-R/RW dual layer disc images
* Minimum Windows½ XP (SP2) for 32-bit systems
* Minimum Vista½ for 64-bit systems
* AACS support by means of the installed Blu-ray Disc or HD DVD drive
* Graphics card with at least 256 MB video RAM based on . nVidia GeForce 6600GT, 7600GT, 7800GTX512, 7900GS, 7900GT, 7900GX, 7900GTX, 7950GT, 7950GTX, 8500, 8600, 8800, 8400M, 8600M or new . ATI X1600, X1650, X1800, X1900, X1950, Radeon HD series or newer in one of the following board and screen combinations: . PCI-Express/Onboard video board with built-in display (e.g. notebook or integrated PC) . PCI-Express video board with support for DVI/HDMI and HDCP, screen/television with HDMI input or HDCP supported DVI input . PCI-Express video board with VGA output and VGA monitor . PCI-Express video board with component video output and video output, CGMS-A and Macrovision support, television or projector. On analog monitors some discs display only at low resolution or not at all.
* Latest graphics drivers with COPP support (ATI Catalyst 7.12, nVidia ForceWare 169.21 (Windows XP), ForceWare 169.25 (Windows Vista½) or newer recommended.
* Microsoft½ .Net Framework 2.0 must be installed prior to Nero Suite in order to play interactive HDi content on HD DVD-Video
* For optimal resolution, the graphics card and the screen should support HDCP - some combinations of graphics card and screen produce poor resolution
* Internet connection for updating AACS keys. These are needed in order to play AACS protected Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD videos. See the respective device manual to determine whether a screen or TV device supports HDCP.
Optional System Requirements for Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD
* HD capable video board and DVB(-T) adapter
* TV tuner or video capture board for analog recording. You will find a list of compatible devices here.
* FireWire½ controller conforming to OHCI (IEEE 1394) for HDV recording