Return to Me is a romantic movie rated PG. Return to Me was directed by Bonnie Hunt and starred David Duchovny as Bob and Minnie Driver as Grace. It was filmed in Chicago in 1999, and released in April 2000.
The story begins as Bob's wife, Elizabeth, is killed in a tragic car accident. Sometime later Bob meets Grace, who coincidentally was living in the same hospital in which Elizabeth died. Grace was waiting for a heart transplant. Bob's wife donates her heart and it is given to Grace. Having been given a second chance at life, Grace is forever grateful and begins to enjoy life again. Bob is heartbroken and goes into a state of depression until one night he shows up at a restaurant to eat with friends and falls in love with the waitress, Grace. The two start to spend time together and are blissfully in love until Grace uncovers her handwritten thank-you note in Bob's house and realizes what has happened. When Grace tells Bob, he is torn and must make a decision to live in the past with his wife or move on and begin to love Grace as well.
* David Duchovny - Bob Rueland
* Minnie Driver - Grace Briggs
* Carroll O'Connor - Marty O'Reilly
* Robert Loggia - Angelo Pardipillo
* Bonnie Hunt - Megan Dayton
* David Alan Grier - Charlie Johnson
* Joely Richardson - Elisabeth Rueland
* Eddie Jones - Emmett McFadden
* James Belushi - Joe Dayton
* Marianne Muellerleile - Sophie
* This film gets its title from the Dean Martin recording of the same name. The voices of the female background are removed electronically for the film version.
* This was Carroll O'Connor's last film.