One of Germany's coolest labels, Steve Bug's Poker Flat Recordings, is about to turn ten and the celebration won't go by unnoticed. Birthday boy Bug and his label mates have prepared a lovely present to hand out: a 3CD compilation with the hottest Poker Flat releases of the past 10 years in a number of various formats.
This release will be made available in, here we go, a Limited Edition 3CD box with a free poker deck (!) and sticker, a 2xCD package, a double LP, and a digital release. Yup, the Poker Flat Posse doesn't mess around when it comes to issuing fancy stuff. We received the 3xCD package and it has become quite a enjoyable release to say the least. The package consists out of 2 CD's, of which the first one comes with exclusive tracks that more or less represent the future of the label from the hands of both new as long serving label signings. Bug himself gets things going with the funky My Chihuahua Bites, after which we encounter more hotness by the ever brilliant Martini Brothers, Cle, Patrick Chardronnet and (of course) Guido Schneider and John Tejada. CD 2 includes a number of 'current' tracks, aka releases that have been among the hottest the label has had on offer over the past few months. There's Ryo Murakami hit EP Down The Sky, DJ T's mysteriously funking After Dark and Simon Flower's Phosphenes, which, upon listening, reveal their timeless club vibe.
The third CD is a bonus mix on which Steve puts some of the label's classic tracks on display, including Trentemller's seminal classic Always Something Better (the vocal version with Richard Davis), Jackmate's drummy Recall, Steve Bug's own deep and dark A Night Like This and the ever weird studio droppings of the Detroit Grand Pubahs, cleverly reworked by Joakim.
Poker Flat is right on the money with the release of this 'greatest hits' collection. The label offers some of their best material across three CD's, and it's pretty nice to hear the progress the label and its artists have been making in the last decade. A must-have release for fans of the label!
Title: All In! 10 Years Of Poker Flat
Label: Flat Poker Recordings
Style: Tech House
Time: 113:47 Min
Size: 148 MB
Bitrate: 195kbit (VBR) / 44100Hz / Joint Stereo
Release Date: 30 Mar, 2009
1. David Durango - Move With Me (6:59)
2. Steve Bug - My Chihuahua Bites (5:15)
3. Martini Bros - A Beautiful Place (4:22)
4. David Durango - Dancing To The Dark (5:22)
5. patrick Chardronnet - Float (5:06)
6. Burnski - Species (7:13)
7. Cle - Moon 15 (3:46)
8. Gamal Kabar - The Highlander (7:26)
9. Sycophant Slags - Telling (6:02)
10. Guido Schneider And Florian Schirmacher - Nadel Und Zwirn (8:16)
11. John Tejada And Arian Leviste - M Track 5 (4:11)
1. Ryo Murakami - Down The Sky (4:56)
2. DJ T - After Dark (6:20)
3. Vincenzo - The Phantom Image (6:30)
4. D.H.S - House Of God (Phonique Mix) (5:11)
5. Raudive - Christmas Tree (5:27)
6. Argy And Sydenham - In The Mist (4:26)
7. Cle - Nomads (Matthias Tanzmann Remix) (6:06)
8. Simon Flower - Phosphenes (6:11)
9. Donnacha Costello - Hello, I Must Be Going (4:42)