Genre: New Age
Format: mp3, CBR 320 kbps
Full Length: 1:05:56
Size: 151 Mb
Category: Relaxation Music
Catalogue #: NE2311-2
Label: New Earth Records
Year of Release: 2004
Track Name Time Audio
1. Lotus Path (32.05) [MP3]
2. Violet (4.26) [MP3]
3. Ocean of Dreams (2.39) [MP3]
4. Green (3.11) [MP3]
5. Cedar Tree (5.21) [MP3]
6. Silver (7.01) [MP3]
7. Earthsong (6.06) [MP3]
8. Far Over the Hill (4.43) [MP3]
A new extended length meditative CD from James Asher featuring the eight-stringed bazouki and the thirty-six stringed dulcimer, which represent a wonderful meeting point between percussive and melodic invention. Lotus Path has the feeling of a special journey, imbued with warmth and spirit.
Customer Review - "A wonderful, relaxing album. The highlight is the thirty minute long title track - any fan of the The Great Wheel will find comfort with this track. A music fan from the UK 5/5".
More Reviews :
Years ago, Asher released his debut CD called 'The Great Wheel'. Besides being in a meditative extended style prior to that genre coming into vogue, it was a far cry from his juicy world music escapades such as 'Feet in the Soil'. 'Lotus Path' is his first extended length meditative CD since 1988. In this release, Asher embraces the rich sounds of the bazouki and dulcimer. Inspired by the percussive and melodic interplay of these stringed instruments, Asher weaves a dynamic journey of sound. 'Lotus Path's mood is further enhanced through the addition of chanting by Indian percussion maestro Sivamani. Equal parts journey music and meditative backdrop, Asher calls on others for harp, flutes and cello parts, and focuses the energy on the 32 minute title track which opens the album, a musical adventure imbued with warmth and spirit. www.backroadsmusic.com
I'm just blissful listening to Lotus Path! You've got a new devoted fan. A music fan from Houston, Texas
I just obtained Lotus Path. As a student of meditation, I have to tell you how lovely it is - thank you, thank you, thank you. Your work is heavenly. A music fan from Rochester NY
Credits : Recorded and produced by James Asher at Starfield Studios, London on two Soundscape Red recorders. All compositions by James Asher. Additional Musicians: Violet & Green - Madeleine Doherty, Harp; Ocean of Dreams - Melanie Hurn, Flute; Cedar Tree - Nigel Shaw, Flute; Earthsong - Melanie Hurn, Flute and Chris Hurn, Cello; Far Over the Hill - Suzanne Bramson, vocals.
Unique in his kind master to all musical hands, it's a pity not so already and popular.
To that, who does not strongly know that this is after the master of such, I recommend to spend 8 minutes of personal life and to read a little the following interview. you buite in the theme;))
- describe, if you please, from where you by birth?
- I was borne into Istburne (Eastbourne), Sasseks (Sussex). My parents - Englishmen.
- how your formation, where you did learn?
- I learned in the elementary school in Istburne (my father it taught there music and languages), it sang in the school polecat. Later I entered into the school into Kherrou (Harrow School). 4 not he was enthusiast in the study of school objects, but it played on the impact in the fate- group (and this it was trio), which was called WASTE OF TIME ("the useless expenditure of time").
- who did have on you the greatest effect and why?
- I was enormous fanom of group WHO. Therefore for me there was great happiness and honor, when Pit Of taunshend (Pete Townshend) invited me into his studio and proposed to sprodyusirovat' my first singl. Furthermore, I played on the impact for its album "Empty Glass" ("empty container"). But much other music also inspired me, especially classical - Chopin, Debussy, Holst, To skarlatti. I was always charmed by the drums of all it was specific, and this continues also to this day.
- you have very different albums. "Dance Of The Light" ("the dance of light") - healthful meditative, "key-actuated" music. "Tigers Of The Raj" ("the tigers of Rajasthan") - rhythmical world- music with the strong impact section. To what music you more greatly do gravitate towards and why?
- I gravitate towards to the fact that most of all attracts my attention in the specific time. The rich variety of music exists as the reflection of enormous wealth of planet itself. Any rigid attachment to the specific small region impoverishes the perception of the whole, which is much wider.
- are such your musical preferences?
- although for the sound-recording company it is simpler, if artist presents some specific style, reality frequently essentially differs, even if this is not widely known. I love world- music, especially rhythmically oriented. Deep, space music also pleases itself me. For me it is very captivating to create in these genres.
- among the executors, published by studio New Earth Records (on this rapidly developed recently American studio leave now James asher's albums. - tonics. S.K.), is many "friends Osho" ("Friends Of Osho"), that lived for a long time in ashrame Osho in S.K.), is many "friends Osho The commune of this Indian master is considered one of the places, where was borne music of n'yueydzh. it does connect you something Osho, with music "from the peace Osho" and with these people?
- 4 not it was in Pune and also it was not familiar with the study Of osho. the followers Osho, with which I was encountered, very dear people, which are differed in no way from others. In the spiritual circles you can hear the saying: "all roads conduct to Rome". (besides those that they conduct into the reign of shadows!)
- which did inspire you to create album "Dance Of The Light"? Which the concept of this album?
- music was written as tracking to the meditation, developed Maykom Buzem (Mike Booth) from Aura- soma (system of tsvetoterapii. - tonics. S.K.). Last composition was composed true to life duet with the morning natural of mansions in the splendid house Aura- soma in Tetforde (Tetford), that in Linkol'nshire (Lincolnshire), England. This house is located far in the English province and it is charmingly consonant to its surrounding nature.
- which the concept of album "Tigers Of The Raj"?
- this is romantic view in India. After being in Rajasthan and after inspiring by splendid paints and majestic history of its palaces, I wanted to create the music, which reflects admiration by this splendour, which was earlier and there is now.
- that does indicate for you your music?
- for me music - this natural and intuitive means of self expression. It covers entire range of the sacraments, which refer to the Muzas, and that that they want to inspire me to write.
- that you do want to transmit to your listeners by means of your music?
- hope, imagination, visual means, optimism and love.
- what concepts you do express in your creation?
- this, of course, it is differed from project to the project. My music is connected with many atmosphere and energies. I feel, that a good music is that that beret you into the journey. Listening to it, you realize, that, seized by music, you move somewhere into another place.
- at how you now do work?
- I am restored from the overflight after two week visit into the states. For some reasons it is very heavy to return to me back in this way.
Soon I will approach the creation of the second part "Feet In the Soul". In me causes interest the renewal of work in this region, which I find very inspiring.
- are such your interests in the life? How still you do deal?
- foot jaunts, nature, sea, cinema, game to the impact, the Internet, the new technologies, the contact with other musicians, who play on the impact, the philosophy of n'yueydzh, reading, theater, journey, etc.
- what religious and philosophical views to you are close?
- any, which are open and do not become too dogmatic. Live and give to live by other.
- which your spiritual search?
- unceasingly continuing. This not in the manner that if you where- or profit and there stopped. As if in the very process of search drive is contained. And your motor works...
- do practice you any spiritual of technology (exercise)?
- the respiration, when 4 about it I recall.
- do adhere to you some of that determined of religion?
- if you have in the form a belonging with the entire planet as to the united essence, then yes, otherwise - no.
- which for you is important to express in its music?
- positive energy, humor, vibration and sometimes sacrament.
- are such your long-term objectives in the life?
- to have an entertainment, to write the best music, which I can compose, and live complete life.
- what is is music new -31dj from your point of view?
- 4 I do not experience strong feelings to this name. Music - is music, and how it is good and strong, it depends on what energies and intentions are concluded in it, whatever style it presented.
- how you themselves it did determine?
- 4 it would not begin to attempt to make this, because same this music does not frequently correspond to high promises, that there is in its name... hence