The trusted mathematical assistant of students, educators, engineers and scientists worldwide, Derive software does for algebra, equations, trigonometry, vectors, matrices and calculus what the graphing calculator does for high school math.
A powerful Computer Algebra System, Derive can easily solve a wide range of symbolic and numeric problems. Results can be plotted as 2-D graphs or 3-D color surfaces, enabling different approaches to problem solving.
Now even more powerful and easier to use than previous editions, Derive 6 also enables you to:
• Display the steps in the simplification of an expression along with the transformation rules applied
• Send and receive math worksheets to and from the TI-89, TI-89 Titanium, TI-92 Plus, and Voyage™ 200 graphing calculators
• Animate parameterized expression plots with slider bars
• Automatically label plots showing the expression being plotted
• Rotate 3-D plots using the mouse
• Easily navigate the online help using the table of contents
• Customize toolbars, shortcut keys, and menus
Other improvements include: a fully scaleable Derive Unicode font; support for Unicode characters and html links in text objects; state variables saved in DfW files; optional, multi-line editing; parentheses matching on the edit line; controllable display of 3-D mesh lines and data-point sizes; and a function for determining the Grobner basis of a system of polynomials.