"As one of the early supporters of drum & bass in America, Brit ex-pat DJ-producer DB has long promoted stateside D&B. His newest mix CD, The Higher Education Drum 'N' Bass Session, continues this tradition with tracks from up and coming U.S. producers standing shoulder to shoulder with established U.K. artists. Opening with Kazimir's "Memories," a dreamy sci-fi tale featuring Carol C, DB carves a moody pathway with rough, abstract breaks from L.A.'s Pieter K, noisy anarchy from San Francisco's Phunckateck crew, and remixes of U.S. tracks from Konflict, Rob Playford, and Dom & Roland. Though DB's mixing is sometimes inconsistent, his track selection is a refreshing change of pace from the usual drone and bass that populates many dance floors. --Tricia Romano"
Original Release Date: June 20, 2000
Label: F111 Records
1. Memories - Kazimir
2. Pendulum - Pieter K
3. Red Sky (Origin Unknown Remix) - Amar
4. Rolling (Grooverider Remix) - Soul Coughing
5. Synapse - Karl K
6. Satellite (Rob And Dom Remix) - Control Freq
7. I Know You Got Soul (Acen Remix) - Trade Secrets
8. Love Dump (Optical Remix) - Static X
9. Synapse (Konflict Remix) - Karl K
10. Black Dawn - Acen
11. Invocation - Phunckateck's Juju Vs. UFO!
12. Rollcage - Phunckateck's UFO!
13. The Metal Track - GFS
14. The Message - Abstract
15. 116.7 - Acen
16. Memories (Fallen Angels Remix) - Kazimir
17. Vibration - Scientist 212
18. Tough At The Top - E-Z Rollers
Audio ripped to .wma @ 192kb using Windows Media Player