War Documentary hosted by Christopher Kent and published by History Channel in 2002 - English narration
'Line Of Fire' is history with a difference. For the first time, the great battlefields of war are presented in a unique animated environment, providing new insights into military history's most compelling events. Each powerful episode combines unrivalled graphics with atmospheric recreations to analyse every facet of famous battles from the medieval period to the modern times.
The story of the Allied campaign in the Dardanelles that was supposed to knock Turkey out of World War One. Winston Churchill convinced Allied High Command that an attack at Gallipoli would also open up vital supply lines to Russia and establish a third front against Austria-Hungary. The Australian and New Zealand troops who fought and died during the ten month Gallipoli campaign that saw an estimated 36,000 Commonwealth troops lose their lives before the allied withdrawal in January 1916. It was not only Turkish shot and shell at infamous places such Anzac Cove and Suvla Bay that claimed so many lives, but also those other traditional hidden enemies of the solder - sickness and disease.
* Total Size (MB) ....: ~590.00 MB
* Total Streams ......: 2 Stream(s)
* Video Length .......: ~00:49:00
* Video Codec Name ...: XviD MPEG-4 codec
* Video Bitrate ......: ~1450 KB/s
* Resolution .........: 720 x 544
* Aspect Ratio .......: 1.32:1
* Quality Factor .....: 0.152 B/px
* Audio Codec Name ...: FAST Multimedia AG DVM (Dolby AC3)
* Audio Bitrate ......: 192 KB/s (CBR)
* Channels ...........: 2 Ch
* Sampling Rate ......: 48000 Hz