History Of Country & Western Music.
German digitally remastered box-set featuring 400 legendary songs from 185 famous
artists including Roy Acuff, Merle Travis, Bill Monroe, Bob Wills, Chet Atkins,
Hank Williams, Jimmie Rodgers, The Carter Family
Average Customer Review: (five stars)
a FANTASTIC value for a TREASURE TROVE of historic country music!, May 1, 2007
By Mister Charlie (Los Angeles, CA)
One could argue with the inclusion or exclusion of certain songs or artists,
but with this boxed set you get 20 CDS, 400 SONGS of mostly fantastic country &
western (& a dash of bluegrass and "cowboy", and there's western swing and honky
tonk, etc.) music from the late 1920s to the early 1950s.
From Jimmie Rodgers to Hank Williams, from Bob Wills to Tennessee Ernie Ford,
from Gene Autry to Flatt & Scruggs, and on and on, this set is a superb way to jump-
start your classic country collection. If you're already a fan of this music and
have cds by many of the artists contained herein, you'll probably find some songs
repeated from your current collection, but you'll also find a swath of songs by more
obscure artists than those mentioned here...
I certainly hadn't heard of Keith Loyd, Bill Strength or Andy Schroder.
The mastering/recording quality is generally pretty good.
Thanks go to this German record label for offering up this great old American music
1. Moanin' The Blues - Hank Williams (1950)
2. Remember Me - Stuart Hamblen (1950)
3. I Overlooked An Orchid - Carl Smith (1950)
4. If You've Got The Money - Lefty Frizzell (1950)
5. I Just Don't Like This Kind Of Living - Hank Williams (1950)
6. Mr. And Mississippi - Tennessee Ernie Ford (1950)
7. My Western Union Baby - Keith Loyd (1950)
8. Release Me - Eddie Miller (1950)
9. Darling I Don't Understand - Jesse James (1950)
10. Black Coffee Blues - Bill Strength (1950)
11. Herbie's Steel Guitar Polka - Buster Martin (1950)
12. Rag Mop - Jesse James (1950)
13. Live And Let Live - Jimmy Prince (1950)
14. I Don't Get No Lovin' - Dickie Mc Bride (1950)
15. Adam's Apple - Richard Prine (1950)
16. 12Th Street Rag - Texas Top Hands (1950)
17. How Long - Cotton Thompson (1950)
18. Why Should We Try Anymore - Hank Williams (1950)
19. Don't Fence Me In - Gene Autry (1951)
20. Cold Cold Heart - Hank Williams (1951)