This is the first CD in a series of eight that focuses on the big, the drippy and the scrunchy from the c19/20 Anglican cathedral-choir anthem repertoire.
The recording is generally very good but somewhat slow, presumably due to the massive acoustic in which the choir is singing (Track 8 makes me want to reach for a cattleprod).
The link to the series on the Hyperion site is below the track listing.
MP3 ~160K (Track 10 is skipping, so have omitted it)
The English Anthem vol 1 of 8 (Hyperion)
St Paul's Cathedral Choir (London) / Scott
1. Stainer - I saw the Lord 7:42
2. Wood - Hail, gladdening light 3:18
3. Gardiner - Evening Hymn 6:14
4. Naylor - Vox dicentis, Clama 9:33
5. Wesley - Blessed be the God and Father 8:25
6. Stanford - Beati quorum via 3:54
7. Bairstow - Blessed City, heavenly Salem 9:38
8. Bairstow - Let all mortal flesh 3:48
9. Ireland - Greater love hath no man 6:47
10. * Hadley - My Beloved Spake 3:35
11. Finzi - God is gone up 5:12
Total time: 68:28
Streamed extracts of all tracks, CD information, and purchase info at :