14) Die Reihe - Valse Des Mysterieux Baiser Dans l'Oeil.mp3
13) Die Reihe - Marche Franco-Lunaire.mp3
11) Die Reihe - Les Patins Dansent.mp3
12) Die Reihe - Grande Ritournelle.mp3
09) Die Reihe - Sombre.mp3
10) Die Reihe - Un Peu Vif.mp3
08) Die Reihe - Allez Un Peu.mp3
07) Die Reihe - Quadrille - Valse Pas Vite - Mazurka Un Peu Vif - Polka Quadrille.mp3
06) Die Reihe - Jeux De Gargantua_ Coin de Polka.mp3
04) Die Reihe - De l'Enfance De Pantagruel_ Reverie.mp3
05) Die Reihe - Marche De Congace_ Demarche.mp3
03) Grant Johannesen - Croquis Et Agaceries d'Un Gros Bonhemme En Bois_ Tyrolienne, Turque Danse Maigre, Espania.mp3
01) Marylene Dosse - Gymnopedie.mp3
02) Grant Johannesen - Voix d'Interiéur, Idylle Cynique, Chanson Canine Avec Cameraderie.mp3
For some people, Erik Satie is known as an eccentric who gave his works odd titles that seem almost derisive and ridicolous.
Many believe that this was not only a result of his bizarre wit but also a way of offending the music critics at the time. It was known that Satie didn't like music critics and that the feelings were mutual.
Those performing his works are well aware of his weird instructions to the performer. The instructions are meant as a dialogue between the composer and the performer only.
Satie was also a collector. Once someone asked him what he wished for birthday present. He replied - I saw this beautiful handkerchief the other day.... After his death they found in his wardrobe 84 identical handkerchieves, besides 12 identical velvet costumes and dozens of umbrellas.
Satie was considered as an outsider, a lone wolf with projects of his own. For example he founded his own church. As a result he valued his privacy very highly and never let anyone see his apartment in Arceuil, where he lived for the last 27 years of his life. He only had one known relationship in his life - an intense love affair in 1893 with the model, painter and former trapeze artiste Suzanne Valadon.
Satie lived as a true artist, for his music and his ideals. He had no respect for money and lived a poor life for many years. He was never afraid of expressing his true opinion. If he found someone to be a jerk he made this perfectly clear (and took the consequence)
01) Marylene Dosse - Gymnopedie
02) Grant Johannesen - Voix d'Interiéur, Idylle Cynique, Chanson Canine Avec Cameraderie
03) Grant Johannesen - Croquis Et Agaceries d'Un Gros Bonhemme En Bois_ Tyrolienne, Turque Danse Maigre, Espania
04) Die Reihe - De l'Enfance De Pantagruel_ Reverie
05) Die Reihe - Marche De Congace_ Demarche
06) Die Reihe - Jeux De Gargantua_ Coin de Polka
08) Die Reihe - Allez Un Peu
09) Die Reihe - Sombre
10) Die Reihe - Un Peu Vif
11) Die Reihe - Les Patins Dansent
12) Die Reihe - Grande Ritournelle
13) Die Reihe - Marche Franco-Lunaire
14) Die Reihe - Valse Des Mysterieux Baiser Dans l'Oeil