RC (Internet Relay Chat) is a virtual meeting place where people from all over the world can meet and talk; you'll find the whole diversity of human interests, ideas, and issues here, and you'll be able to participate in group discussions on one of the many thousands of IRC channels, on hundreds of IRC networks, or just talk in private to family or friends, wherever they are in the world.
mIRC is a highly configurable IRC client with all the goodies other clients on UNIX, Macintosh and even Windows, combined with a nice and clean user interface. mIRC offers full color text lines, DCC File Send and Get capabilities, programmable aliases, a remote commands and events handler, place sensitive popup menu's, Switchbar, World Wide Web and sound support, and more.
mIRC 6.33 has been released! (July 18th 2008)
This version of mIRC continues to build on recent releases and addresses a number of issues that have been reported by users since the last release. It includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features.
In particular, a new editbox "automatic" lines option has been added that dynamically changes the size of the editbox in a window to show the whole of your typed message, up to half the size of the window. This allows you to easily see and review a long, multiple-line message while keeping the size of the editbox small when it is not in use.
Various other changes include:
* Added support for the transfer of files larger than four gigabytes.
* Added /var -g switch to allow you to set global variable values.
* Added $input() identifier combobox support.
* Fixed UTF-8 text-wrapping display bug.
* Fixed switchbar display button-sorting display bug.
* Fixed window positions not being saved correctly for some windows.
* Fixed server connection not remembering SSL status in some situations.
In total there have been almost 50 changes to this version and although most of them are only small fixes and tweaks, we hope that they result in a more useful and stable mIRC for you.