Composer: Vincenzo Bellini, Arrigo Boito, Francesco Cilea, Gaetano Donizetti, Giuseppe Pietri, et al.
Performer: Luciano Pavarotti, Arleen Augér, Gilels Flossman, Herbert Lackner, Peter Baillie, et al.
Orchestra: New Philharmonia Orchestra, Orchestra of the Vienna Opera
Data e tipo:Audio CD (October 25, 1990)
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Polygram Records
In honor of Luciano Pavarotti, Opera Singer
Born: 12 October 1935
Birthplace: Modena, Italy
Died: 6 September 2007 (cancer)
Best Known As: Italian tenor with the white dinner napkin
Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti was the most well-known opera singer of his lifetime. The son of an amateur tenor, Luciano gave up a career in teaching in the mid-1950s and, after years of study, began his professional singing career in 1961. His force of personality and seemingly effortless ability to hit and hold a high C made Pavarotti a crowd favorite, and during the 1970s and '80s his TV performances helped make him one of the few singers whose celebrity extended beyond the opera house. His rendition of "Nessun Dorma" (from Giacomo Puccini's Turandot) was used as the theme song of the World Cup in 1990 and became a minor hit record (as well as Pavarotti's signature song). Throughout the 1990s Pavarotti maintained his star status with frequent performances, including as one of "The Three Tenors" in concerts with fellow opera greats Plácido Domingo and José Carreras. He also made headlines for show cancellations and periodic health problems. His last performance at New York's Metropolitan Opera House was in 2004, and after 2005 his health declined due to pancreatic cancer. Possibly the most celebrated opera singer who ever lived, Pavarotti died a few weeks before his 72nd birthday.
1. Guglielmo Tell: Non Mi Lasciare...O Muto Asil...Corriam! Voliam! - Luciano Pavarotti/Wiener Chor
2. I Puritani: A Te, O Cara - Luciano Pavarotti/Arleen Auger/Reid Bunger/Herbert Lackner//Wiener Chor
3. Don Pasquale: Com'e Gentil - Luciano Pavarotti/Ambrosian Singers
4. Mefistofele: Ogni Mortal Mister...Giunto Sul Passo Estremo - Luciano Pavarotti
5. Il Trovatore: Di Qual Tetra Luce...Ah Si, Ben Mio...L'onda De' Suoni Mistici...Di Quella Pira - Luciano Pavarotti/Wiener Chor
6. La Gioconda: Cielo E Mar! - Luciano Pavarotti
7. La Boheme: Che Gelida Manina - Luciano Pavarotti
8. L'Arlesiana: E La Solita Storia (Lamento Di Federico) - Luciano Pavarotti/Wiener Chor
9. Maristella: Io Conosco Un Giardino - Luciano Pavarotti
Negli ultimi anni ci sono stati pochissimi personaggi che come lui hanno portato in alto il nome dell'Italia.
Piangiamo un grande e prendiamo esempio.